Representation of Interval-Valued Intuitionistic Fuzzy Data by Radar Charts
- 9 Downloads
In continuation of a previous work, where a geometrical interpretation of intuitionistic fuzzy sets was given in the form of a radar chart, here it is proposed the geometrical interpretation of their extension, called interval-valued intuitionistic fuzzy sets. Radar charts, which are useful for representing multivariate data sets, and especially for data from time series. The idea is illustrated by an example with real meteorological data.
KeywordsInterval-valued intuitionistic fuzzy sets Intuitionistic fuzzy sets Radar charts Geometrical interpretation
The authors are grateful for the support provided by the National Science Fund of Bulgaria under grant DN-02-10/2016.
- 1.Atanassov, K.: Intuitionistic Fuzzy Sets, VII ITKR Session, Sofia, 20–23 June 1983 (Deposed in Centr. Sci.-Techn. Library of the Bulg. Acad. of Sci., 1697/84, in Bulgarian) (1983). Reprinted: Int. J. Bioautom. 20(S1), S1–S6 (2016)Google Scholar
- 3.Atanassov, K.: Geometrical Interpretation of the Elements of the Intuitionistic Fuzzy Objects. Mathematical Foundations of Artificial Intelligence Seminar, Sofia (1989). Preprint IM-MFAIS-1-89. Reprinted: Int J. Bioautom. 20(S1), S27–S42 (2016)Google Scholar
- 6.Atanassov, K., Rangasamy, P.: On intuitionistic fuzzy sets and interval-valued intuitionistic fuzzy sets. Adv. Stud. Contemp. Math. 18(1), 1–8 (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Atanassova, V.: Representation of fuzzy and intuitionistic fuzzy data by radar charts. Notes Intuitionistic Fuzzy Sets 16(1), 21–26 (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Friendly, M.: Statistical graphics for multivariate data. In: SAS SUGI 16 Conference, April 1991. http://www.math.yorku.ca/SCS/sugi/sugi16-paper.html
- 9.Mosley, H., Mayer, A.: Benchmarking national labour market performance: a radar chart approach. Report for European Commission, Directorate-General V, Employment, Industrial Relations and Social Affairs (DG V/A2) FS I 99 – 202 (1999). ISSN 1011-9523. http://bibliothek.wzb.eu/pdf/1999/i99-202.pdf
- 10.Annual Temperature Data From the National Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology. http://www.stringmeteo.com/synop/temp_year.php