MkBGFire Software – An Example of Game Modelling of Forest Fires in Bulgaria
- 10 Downloads
In this paper we present a preliminary version of a new software MkBGFire which is being developed for forest fire spread simulations specific to Bulgarian vegetation. The MkBGFire software is based on the paradigm of the game method for modelling. The game method for modelling is a variant of cellular automata modelling, and similar approaches have gained popularity in the last decade due to the ease of use and their relative simplicity. In particular, they use either square or hexagonal grid. The software presented here is based on a mathematical model and both approaches, vector models and cellular automata models, are implemented. The MkBGFire software uses the OpenGL technology for 2D and 3D visualization of the cells of the game model. Implemented in the preliminary version of the MkBGFire are the following parameters: for the size of the forest cells and the type of the cells – hexagon and square; for control of the speed and the angle of the wind, which is currently constant for the whole terrain; some advanced parameters for control of the fire model. We illustrate the feasibility of the software with some examples using different cell types, forest layouts and wind conditions.
KeywordsGame method for modelling Software Visualization
This work was supported by the Bulgarian National Science Fund Project DN16/6, 2017 “Integrated approach for modeling of the forest fires spread”.
- 1.Atanassov, K.: Game Method for Modelling. Prof. Marin Drinov Academic Publishing House, Sofia (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Fidanova, S., Marinov, P.: Field fire simulation applying hexagonal game method. In: Dimitrov, V., Georgiev, V. (eds.) Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Information Systems and Grid Technologies, pp. 201–209 (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Sotirova, E., Bureva, V., Velizarova, E., Fidanova, S., Marinov, P., Shannon, A., Atanassov, K.: Hexagonal game method model of forest fire spread with intuitionistic fuzzy estimations. Notes Intuitionistic Fuzzy Sets 19(3), 73–80 (2013)Google Scholar
- 8.Sotirova, E., Velizarova, E., Fidanova, S., Atanassov, K.: Modeling forest fire spread through a game method for modeling based on hexagonal cells. In: Large-Scale Scientific Computing. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 8353, pp. 321–328 (2014)Google Scholar
- 9.Sotirova, E., Bureva, V., Velizarova, E., Fidanova, S., Marinov, P., Shannon, A., Atanassov, K.: Modelling forest fire spread through a game method for modelling based on hexagonal cells with intuitionistic fuzzy estimations. Notes Intuitionistic Fuzzy Sets 19(3), 73–80 (2013)Google Scholar
- 10.Xuehua, W., Chang, L., Jiaqi, L., Xuezhi, Q., Ning, W., Wenjun, Z.: A cellular automata model for forest fire spreading simulation. In: 2016 IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence (SSCI), pp. 1–6. IEEE (2016)Google Scholar