Experimental Study of Amphibolization of the Basic Rocks of the Tiksheozersky Massif
- 120 Downloads
The work is devoted to experimental study of postmagmatic transformation of basic rocks (gabbroids) of the Tiksheozersky massif (North Karelia Russia). During the petrological study of gabbroids the formation of edges of alkaline amphiboles around the clinopyroxene grains (diopside-hedenbergite series), and then—low-temperature minerals containing Na, K, Cl. In order to recreate the conditions for the formation of amphibole rims a number of experiments were carried out at a temperature of 850 °C and a pressure of 3 kbar with solutions of KCl and KF concentrations of 0.5 M, 1 M and 2 M, respectively. In the course of experiments, amphiboles corresponding to natural amphiboles from rims around clinopyroxenes, Tiksheozersky massif were obtained and also phlogopites present in the basic rocks of the Tiksheozersky massif were obtained.
KeywordsAlkaline magmatism Gabbro Carbonatite Amphibole Amphibolization Postmagmatic processes Experiment
This research was supported from the project No AAAA-A18-118020590151-3 of the IEM RAS.
- Kholodilov NN, Karpatenkov VN (1988) Report on the results of prospecting for apatite and other minerals within the Tikshozero group of arrays of North Karelia for 1985–1988. In: Funds of Central Kola Geological Expedition (in Russian)Google Scholar
- Kovalskaya TN, Varlamov DA, Shapovalov YuB, Kalinin GM, Kotelnikov AR (2018a) Experimental study of postmagmatic processes in Tiksheozerskiy massif. Exp Geosci 24(1):117–120Google Scholar
- Kovalskaya TN, Varlamov DA, Shapovalov YuB, Kalinin GM, Kotelnikov AR (2018b) Experimental study of post-magmatic processes in the Tikshozero massif. In: Proceedings of the All-Russian annual seminar on experimental mineralogy, petrology and geochemistry, Moscow, GEOKHI, pp 207–210 (in Russian)Google Scholar
- Metallogeny of igneous complexes of intraplate geodynamic environments (2001) Moscow, GEOS, p 640 (in Russian)Google Scholar
- Perchuk LL (1970) Equilibrium of rock-forming minerals Moscow, Nauka, p 320 (in Russian)Google Scholar
- Perchuk LL, Ryabchikov ID (1976) Phase matching in mineral systems. Moscow, Nedra, p 287 (in Russian)Google Scholar
- Safronova GP (1990) Rock-forming carbonates and apatite of the Tiksheozersky massif. In: New in mineralogy of the Karelo-Kola region Petrozavodsk, pp 25–39 (in Russian)Google Scholar
- Shchiptsov VV, Bubnova TP, Garanzha AV, Skamnitskaya LS, Shchiptsova NI (2007) Geological-technological and economic assessment of the resource potential of carbonatites of the Tikshozero massif (ultrabasic—alkaline rock formation and carbonatites). In: Proceedings of geology and ore deposit of Karelia, issue 10. Petrozavodsk: Karelian Scientific Center RAS, pp 159–170 (in Russian)Google Scholar
- Ustinov VI, Grinenko VA, Kotelnikov AR, Suk NI, Kovalskaya TN, Smirnova EP (2006) Thermometry of sodalite-containing associations of rocks of the Lovozersky and Tikshozero alkaline massifs. In: Materials of the All-Russian meeting “Geochemistry, Petrology, Mineralogy and Genesis of Alkaline Rocks” Miass, pp 267–272 (in Russian)Google Scholar