A Smooth Gait Planning Framework for Quadruped Robot Based on Virtual Model Control
The smooth gait of robot plays an essential role in the locomotion, which influences by constraint from ground. Most of the planning algorithms centered on the characteristics of periodicity and amplitude of joint angles, and lost sight of the continuity of displacement and velocity of food trajectories. In this paper, the rhythmicity of robot body was studied in linear motion, according of which the smooth gait constrained by boundary conditions was planned by Hermite interpolation. In order to ensure the stability of robot posture during the movement, the strategy of virtual model control (VMC) was introduced and PD control method was used to track joint angles. The results and feasibility were verified by dynamics simulations finally.
KeywordsQuadruped robot Smooth gait Planning framework Virtual model control
This research was supported, in part, by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 51875393) and by the China Advance Research for Manned Space Project (No. 030601).
- 1.Ajallooeian, M., Pouya, S., Sprowitz, A., Ijspeert, A.: Central pattern generators augmented with virtual model control for quadruped rough terrain locomotion. In: Proceedings - IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, May 2013Google Scholar
- 6.Hui-shu, M., Jian-Jun, F.: Foot trajectory planning and optimization simulation of low foot-terrain impact by quadruped robot based on the Trot Gait. J. Electr. Electron. Eng. 6(1), 26 (2018). http://sciencepg.com/journal/paperinfo?journalid=239&paperId=10029462
- 12.Moro, F.L., et al.: Horse-like walking, trotting, and galloping derived from kinematic Motion Primitives (kMPs) and their application to walk/trot transitions in a compliant quadruped robot. Biol. Cybern. 107(3), 309–320 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00422-013-0551-9MathSciNetCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 16.Sprowitz, A., Tuleu, A., Vespignani, M., Ajallooeian, M.: Towards dynamic trot gait locomotion design, control, and experiments with cheetah-cub, a compliant quadruped robot. Int. J. Robot. Res. 35, 649–655 (2013)Google Scholar
- 17.Ugurlu, B., Havoutis, I., Semini, C., Kayamori, K., Caldwell, D.G., Narikiyo, T.: Pattern generation and compliant feedback control for quadrupedal dynamic trot-walking locomotion: experiments on RoboCat-1 and HyQ. Auton. Robots 38(4), 415–437 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10514-015-9422-7CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 18.Yi, S.: Reliable gait planning and control for miniaturized quadruped robot pet. Mechatronics 20(4), 485–495 (2010). http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0957415810000747CrossRefGoogle Scholar