Dynamics Modeling Method of Module Manipulator Using Spatial Operator Algebra
Spatial Operator Algebra (SOA) was an operator theory based on Lie Group and Screw, and it implemented a recursion algorithm of O(n) with clear physical meanings. In order to increase the efficiency of dynamics modeling of modular manipulator, a kind of efficient modeling method using SOA is proposed in this paper. The conceptual design of basic modules is presented and the mathematical relationship between each module is described by the transformation matrix. Thereafter, a dynamics modeling method of modular manipulator is proposed based on Spatial Operator Algebra which has the characters of concise format and efficient calculation. Finally, a simulation for the 6-DOF modular manipulator is carried out and compared with ADAMS model, to verify the effectiveness and validity of this method.
KeywordsModular manipulator Dynamics modeling Spatial Operator Algebra
- 1.Li, Y., Liu, Y.: Hybrid kinematics and dynamics analysis for a mobile modular manipulator. In: 2003 Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering, IEEE CCECE 2003, vol. 3, pp. 1767–1770. IEEE (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Yim, M., Duff, D.G., Roufas, K.D.: PolyBot: a modular reconfigurable robot. In: 2000 Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, ICRA, San Francisco, vol. 1, pp. 514–520. IEEE (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Shen, J.: Research on dynamics and control of reconfigurable modular manipulator. Harbin Institute of Technology (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Meldrum, D.R.: Indirect adaptive control of multi-link serial manipulators using Kalman filtering and Bryson-Frazier smoothing in Electrical Engineering, Stratford University (1993)Google Scholar
- 7.Wei, C., Zhao, Y.: Recursive computation of space multibody dynamics using spatial operator algebra. J. Astronaut. 30(6), 2105–2220 (2009)Google Scholar