Research on HDD-UJ Robot Joint Structure Design and Motion Regulation Strategy
A heterogeneous double-drive universal joint (HDD-UJ) that can realize yaw motion and pitching motion is proposed. The virtual prototype model of the HDD-UJ is designed to determine the driving mechanism and motion form of the joint. By deducing the mathematical model of the displacement field of the “C”-shaped electrostrictive driving block, combined with the structural characteristics of the HDD-UJ, a motion regulation strategy is proposed and its mathematical model is established. Finally, in order to verify the rationality and effectiveness of the motion regulation strategy, the simulation experiments under three conditions of ideal, error, and regulation are carried out. The experimental results show that the HDD-UJ combines the electrostrictive material with the motion regulation strategy, which greatly reduces the joint motion error and improves the motion stability.
KeywordsRobot joint Electrostrictive material Motion regulation strategy Heterogeneous double drive
This work was supported by Chongqing Graduate Research and Innovation Project (Grant No. CYS18223), Chongqing Technology Innovation and Application Demonstration Project (Grant No. cstc2018jszx-cyzdX0175) and Chongqing University of Arts and Sciences Graduate School Research Project (Grant No. M2018 ME16).
- 2.Ying, S.S., Qin, X.S., Ren, Z.G., et al.: Design and research of robot driving joint based on artificial muscles. Robot 30(2), 142–146 (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Ma, J., Wu, Y.H., Xu, M., et al.: Study on the joint driver of micro robot based on piezoelectric element for celiac operation. Robot 25(4), 335–338 (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Luo, T.H., Guo, Y., Ma, X.Y., et al.: Spatiotemporal coupling model of SMA-motor compound drive joint based on gene regulatory network. Comput. Integr. Manuf. Syst. 23(4), 815–824 (2017)Google Scholar
- 8.Zheng, J.H., Cui, Y.G., Lou, J.Q., et al.: Model and experiments for compound control of a piezoelectric micro-gripper. Robot 37(3), 257–263 (2015)Google Scholar
- 13.Wei, H.E., Jiang, Q., Zhou, Z.D.: Some problems of nonlinear mechanics for electrostrictive materials. J. Nantong Univ. (Natural Science Edition) 10(3), 46–52 (2011)Google Scholar