Path Planning of UAV-UGV Heterogeneous Robot System in Road Network
The previous research on path planning of the UAV-UGV heterogeneous robot system plan paths for both UAV and UGV without considering the UGV’s moving range or plan only the UAV’s path based on the given UGV’s path. In reality, the UGV should be restricted to drive in the road network, and the given UGV’s path is not necessarily the best UGV’s path. In the heterogeneous package delivery system considered in this paper, the UGV’s path was restricted to the road network and the UAV’s and UGV’s paths were optimized simultaneously to get the optimized paths. This paper proposed a two-stage strategy to solve the path planning problem by a hybrid algorithm of modified ant colony optimization and genetic algorithm. The simulation results show that the proposed method is feasible.
KeywordsHeterogeneous robot system Path planning Two-stage strategy Road network
This work was partially supported by National Key Research and Development Program of China under grant No. 2017YFC0806503 and Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) under grant No. 61573263 and No. 61703314.
- 6.Martin, K., Slavomir, B., Michal, K., et al.: Mixed-integer SOCP formulation of the path planning problem for heterogeneous multi-vehicle systems. In: European Control Conference (ECC), pp. 1474–1479 (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Chen, Y., Tan, Y., Cheng, L., et al.: Path planning for a heterogeneous aerial-ground robot system with neighbourhood constraints. Robot 39(1), 1–7 (2017). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 8.Freitas, J.C., Penna, P.H.V.: A variable neighborhood search for flying sidekick traveling salesman problem. arXiv:1804.03954v1 (2018)
- 10.Maini, P., Sundar, K., Rathinam, S., et al.: Cooperative planning for fuel-constrained aerial vehicles and ground-based refueling vehicles for large-scale coverage. arXiv:1805.04417v1 (2018)
- 11.Carlsson, J.G., Song, S.: Coordinated logistics with a truck and a drone. Manag. Sci. 64(9), 1–31 (2017)Google Scholar
- 12.Koji, A.O.S., Paulo, K.F., James, R.: Automatic battery replacement system for UAVs: analysis and design. J. Intell. Rob. Syst. 65(1–4), 563–586 (2012)Google Scholar
- 13.Swieringa, K.A., Hanson, C.B., Richardson, J.R., et al.: Autonomous battery swapping system for small-scale helicopters. In: IEEE International Conference on Robotics & Automation, pp. 3335–3340 (2010)Google Scholar
- 14.Gu, P., Xiu, C., Cheng, Y., et al.: Adaptive ant colony optimization algorithm. In: International Conference on Mechatronics and Control, pp. 95–98 (2014)Google Scholar
- 15.Oravec, J., Klaučo, M., Kvasnica, M., et al.: Optimal vehicle routing with interception of targets’ neighbourhoods. In: IEEE European Control Conference (ECC), pp. 2533–2538 (2015)Google Scholar