Force/Motion Hybrid Control of Three Link Constrained Manipulator Using Sliding Mode
In order to realize the position control and contact force control of a class of planar three link constrained manipulators end-effector, a hybrid control strategy based on sliding mode controller is proposed. First, the dynamic model of the planar three link constrained manipulator is given. Then, the model order reduction design for the constrained manipulator is proposed with using the constraint condition. Furthermore, a controller based on sliding mode is presented and the tracking error of position and contact force is shown to be globally asymptotically stable via Lyapunov stability theory. Finally, numerical simulations of a planar three link constrained manipulator are performed to illustrate the effectiveness of the proposed control scheme.
KeywordsThree link constrained manipulator Dynamic model Sliding mode Force/Motion hybrid control
This work is supported by Foundation of State Key Laboratory of Robotics under Grant 2017-Z011 and 2019-Z06, Strategic Priority Research Program on Space Science, the Chinese Academy of Sciences under Grant XDA1502030505. All the authors are grateful for the funding.
- 1.Shao, Z., Li, S., Yin, H.: Robust sliding-mode position/force set-point control of underactuated constrained manipulator. In: 2017 36th Chinese Control Conference (CCC), Dalian, pp. 1162–1167 (2017)Google Scholar
- 3.Chen, C., Liu, Z.: Adaptive motion/force control of robots with input nonlinearities via fuzzy logic system. In: 2014 International Conference on Mechatronics and Control (ICMC), Jinzhou, pp. 11–15 (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Huang, T., Sun, L.N., Wang, Z.H., et al.: Hybrid force/position control method for robotic polishing based on passive compliance structure. Robot 39(6), 776–785 (2017)Google Scholar
- 7.Li, Y.C., Song, Y., Zhao, B.: Modular position/force control for environmental constrained reconfigurable manipulator. J. Shanghai Jiao Tong Univ. 51(6), 709–714 (2017)Google Scholar
- 9.Cai, C., Somani, N., Rickert, M., et al.: Prioritized motion-force control of multi-constraints for industrial manipulators. IEEE Int. Conf. Robot. Biomim. IEEE, pp. 952–957 (2015)Google Scholar
- 11.Liu, J.K., Guo, Y.: output feedback dynamic surface control for N link manipulators with actuator saturation. Control Decis. 30(5), 871–876 (2015)Google Scholar
- 12.Liu, J.K.: Robot Control System Design and MATLAB Simulation: the Basic Design Method, pp. 282–287. Tsinghua University Press, Beijing (2016)Google Scholar