Application of Console Methods in Experimental and Numerical Determination of Internal Stress of Varnish
The basic task and purpose of this paper is to demonstrate the use of console method in experimental and numerical studies. Materials commonly in use for surface treatment of wood were used in this paper. The results of this paper provide a clear picture and confirmation that the method is acceptable for this type of analysis.
The console method determining internal stresses in polymer films appeared in the sixties of the last century. This method is based on the principle that one end of the thin elastic narrow panel is fixed. Using the numerical finite element method, a console was modeled with known dimensions and basic technical characteristics of the experimental test.
KeywordsInternal stress Varnish Console method Film thickness Numerical Experimental methods
- 1.Sanzarovski, A.T.: Metodi opredelenija mehaničeskih i adgezionih svoistv polimerih pokriti. Moskva (1974)Google Scholar
- 2.Grigore, E., Ruset, C., Short, K., Hoeft, D., Dong, H., Li, X.Y., Bell, T.: In situ investigation of the internal stress within the nc-Ti2 N/nc–TiN nanocomposite coatings produced by a combined magnetron sputtering and ion implantation method. Surf. Coat. Technol. 200(1–4), 744–747, ISSN O257-8972 (2005)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 3.Mrvoš, N.: Unutrašnja naprezanja u polimernim prevlakama. Drvna industrija, Zagreb (1984)Google Scholar
- 4.Alić, O.: Površinska obrada drveta. Mašinski fakultet, Sarajevo (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Doleček, V., Karabegović, I., Martinović, D., Blagojević, D., Šimun, B., Vukojević, D., Kudumović, Dž., Uzunović Zaimović, N., Bjelonja, I.: Elastostatika. Tehnički fakultet, Bihać (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.ASTM D 6991 – 05, Standard test method for measurements of internal stresses in organic coatings by cantilever (beam) methodGoogle Scholar
- 7.Ivanković, A., Demirdžić, I.: Finite volume stress analysis. University of London (1997)Google Scholar