Research on Design Service Mode of Industrial Transformation and Upgrading Driven by Design—Setting China’s Yangtze River Delta Region as an Example
Under the background of economic globalization, knowledge economy and service economy play increasingly important roles in the process of social development. China is the most representative developing country in the world where traditional manufacturing enterprises are transforming from OEM and ODM to OBM and OSM. It will have more chances in China to drive the transformation and upgrading of various industries and help more regions achieve the goal of overall upgrading and balanced development through by design.
This paper will explore and study the mode of design driving industries transformation and upgrading from the perspective of service economy. Firstly, this study summarizes and analyzes the relevant modes of design driving industries transformation and upgrading at home and abroad through literature retrieval, market research and analysis. Based on above description and discussion, the industrial design service mode which is suitable for the transformation and upgrading of the Yangtze River Delta industry is been put forward. Secondly, the mode includes four domains: government, industry, university and research institute. Different transformation tasks of the four domains and the logical relationship of the interactions between the four domains are brought forward, which will produce effective ways and means to help the traditional manufacturing enterprises achieve the goal of transformation and upgrading driven by design. Finally, the advanced enterprise of the Yangtze River Delta of China-SAIC Group is taken as an example to verify the scientificity and operability of the mode.
In conclusion, effective mode reference and method of application are been provided for traditional manufacturing enterprises to realize industrial transformation and upgrading through innovative design.
KeywordsIndustrial transformation and upgrading Design service mode China’s Yangtze river delta region
This research was supported by the project of “Research on Modern Urban Life Form and Intelligent Equipment Design” supported by Shanghai Institute of International Design Innovation (Granted No. DA18304).
- 2.Dosig, F.: Innovation Studies: Evolution and Future Challenges, 2nd edn. Oxford University Press, London (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Battistellacbiottog, F., Detoniaf, S.: From design driven innovation to meaning strategy. Manag. Decis. 25(5), 436–456 (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Xuan, H.: Exploration of industrial design mode to assist enterprise transformation. In: Design Drives Business Innovation: 2013 Collected papers of Tsinghua International Design Management Conference (Chinese portion), Department of Industrial Design, School of Fine Arts, Tsinghua University, June 2013Google Scholar
- 6.Hongbo Lai, F.: Empirical study on the impact of design-driven product innovation on customer perception and purchase intention. Res. Dev. Manag. 28(04), 22–30 (2016)Google Scholar
- 7.Hongbo Lai, F.: Design driven innovation system construction and industrial transformation and upgrading mechanism research. Sci. Technol. Prog. Countermeasures 34(23), 71–76 (2017)Google Scholar
- 8.Qi, B.: Study on the strategy of economic modernization in the Yangtze river delta. East China Normal University (2012)Google Scholar