Robotic Path Planning Based on Improved Ant Colony Algorithm
Ant colony algorithm is an intelligent bionic optimization algorithm. Its self-organization and intelligence provide guiding for studying the global path planning problem. Based on this, an improved ant colony algorithm is proposed to solve the problem of robotic path planning and improved the convergence speed. The environment model is established by grid method and the traditional ant colony algorithm is improved. The heuristic factor and pheromone updating strategy of the algorithm are improved to enhance the precision of the algorithm and the ability of later convergence. Simulation experiments show that the improved algorithm has a faster convergence speed to achieve the optimal path compared with other algorithms. It shows that the improved algorithm is effective and reliable.
KeywordsAnt colony algorithm Path planning Pheromone Mobile robot
This work was supported by The National Natural Science Foundation of China (Project No. 61662057, 61672301) and Higher Educational Scientific Research Projects of Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region (Project No. NJZC17198).
- 1.Wang, X., Liu, Y., Li, G.: Path planning for mobile robots based on improved Dijkstra algorithm. J. Tianjin Univ. Urban Constr. 24, 378–381 (2018)Google Scholar
- 2.Chen, J., Dong, J., Zhu, X.: Improving the path planning of mobile robots by artificial potential field method. Command Control Simul. 1–6 (2019)Google Scholar
- 3.Chen, H., Li, Y., Luo, J.: Research on path planning of mobile robots based on improved A* algorithm optimization. Autom. Instrum. 12, 1–4 (2018)Google Scholar
- 4.Shao, W., Luo, Z.: The application of improved visual map method in path planning. J. Nanyang Norm. Univ. 17, 38–42 (2018)Google Scholar
- 5.Zhuang, H., Du, S., Wu, T.: Robot path planning and related algorithms research. Sci. Technol. Bull. 3, 210–215 (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Zou, J., Xu, X.: Unmanned vehicle path planning based on improved mixed genetic algorithm. J. Jiamusi Univ. (Nat. Sci. Ed.) 36, 573–577 (2018)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhang, Y., Zhang, Z.: Robotic path planning based on improved multi-step ant colony algorithm. Comput. Eng. Des. 39, 3829–3834+3866 (2018)Google Scholar
- 8.Zhan, W., Qu, J., Lu, X., Hou, L.: Mobile robot global path planning based on improved ant colony algorithm. Mod. Electron. Technol. 41, 170–173 (2018)Google Scholar
- 9.He, Y., Zhang, Z., Han, M., Chen, Q., Huang, X.: Research on ant colony algorithm based on omnidirectional mobile robot path planning. J. Test Technol. 32, 374–380 (2018)Google Scholar
- 10.Zhou, J., Zheng, X.: Path planning method based on improved ant colony algorithm. J. Hubei Univ. Technol. 33, 49–52+101 (2018)Google Scholar
- 11.Zhu, H., Sun, Z., Woody: Three-dimensional path planning for mobile robots based on improved ant colony algorithm. J. Huazhong Norm. Univ. (Nat. Sci. Ed.) 50, 812–817 (2016)Google Scholar
- 12.Wang, X., Yang, L., Zhang, Y., Meng, S.: Robot path planning based on improving potential field ant colony algorithm. Control Decis. Mak. 33, 75–81 (2018)Google Scholar