Case Study and Examples
- 334 Downloads
The case study research strategy contributes (in general) to capturing some practical perspectives of the investigated problems. It is helpful for considering the knowledge of the practitioners in exploring the research area. According to Yin , a case study is an empirical inquiry that investigates a contemporary phenomenon within its real-life context, especially when the boundaries between phenomenon and context are not clearly evident. The case study as a research strategy comprises an all-encompassing method—with the logic of design incorporating specific approaches to data collection and data analysis. Although in the past, case studies had been considered only as an exploratory tool , they have proved to be more than just an exploratory strategy. Some of the best and most famous case studies have been both descriptive and explanatory .
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yin R (1994) Case study research: design and methods. Sage, Thousand OaksGoogle Scholar
- 2.Shishkov B (2005) Software specification based on re-usable business components. Delft University Press, DelftGoogle Scholar
- 3.UML, The unified modeling language. http://www.uml.org
- 4.Shishkov B, Dietz JLG (2005) Applying component-based UML-driven conceptual modeling in SDBC. In: Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems (ICEIS), 24–28 May 2005. SCITEPRESS, Miami, FL, USAGoogle Scholar
- 6.Cockburn A (2000) Writing effective use cases. Addison-Wesley, BostonGoogle Scholar
- 7.Shishkov B, Dietz JLG (2003) Deriving use cases from business processes, the advantages of DEMO. In: Proceedings of the 5th International Conference Enterprise Information Systems (ICEIS), 23–26 April 2003. SCITEPRESS, Angers, FranceGoogle Scholar
- 8.Shishkov B, Van Sinderen M, Quartel D (2006) SOA-driven business-software alignment. In: Proceedings of the ICEBE’06 IEEE international conference on e-business engineering, IEEEGoogle Scholar
- 9.Shishkov B, Janssen M (2016) Towards a service-oriented architecture for eVoting. In: Proceedings of the 6th international symposium on business modeling and software design (BMSD), 20–22 June 2016. SCITEPRESS, Rhodes, GreeceGoogle Scholar
- 10.Shishkov B, Mitrakos D (2016) Towards context-aware border security control. In: Proceedings of the 6th international symposium on business modeling and software design (BMSD), 20–22 June 2016. SCITEPRESS, Rhodes, GreeceGoogle Scholar