SHAUN—A Companion Robot for Children Based on Artificial Intelligence
This article is aimed at providing a design principle for companion robot based on Artificial Intelligence. Taking children at 0–6 years old as target users and their parents as target customers, the author applied methods of investigation and observation to understand their income level, life routine, habit, pain points, consumption capacity and aesthetic level. With these previous researches and some utilization of ergonomics, this paper defined the function, size, material of Companion Robot for children. This paper explores and summarizes the user orientation of Companion Robot for children, its functional definition, material definition and man-machine definition, and shows the design practice under its guidance. This study will provide guidance for future design of companion robots and make the design location clearer by putting forward design concepts and guidelines.
KeywordsCompanion Robot Artificial Intelligence User experience design
- 1.Zhu, X.: Research on Modeling Design of Children Accompany Robot. Shenyang Aerospace University (2018)Google Scholar
- 2.Companion record, happy growth with children. https://yuer.pcbaby.com.cn/412/4121150.html. Accessed 25 Apr 2018
- 3.Meghdari, A., et al.: Design performance characteristics of a social robot companion “Arash” for pediatric hospitals. Int. J. Human. Robot. 6(15), P7 (2018)Google Scholar
- 4.Billard, A., et al.: Building Robota, a mini-humanoid robot for the rehabilitation of children with autism. Assist. Technol. 1(19), 37–49 (2017)Google Scholar
- 5.Michaelis, J.E., Mutlu, B.: Reading socially: transforming the in-home reading experience with a learning-companion robot. Sci. Robot. 21(3), P2 (2018)Google Scholar