Micromanipulation Technology in Health and Assisted Reproduction
- 545 Downloads
The research subject, “micromanipulation” covers the equipments, microtools and techniques for manipulation and microsurgery at cell levels. The micromanipulation is an essential process in assisted reproduction viz., treating and improving fertility, in vitro embryo production, nuclear transfer cloning, deriving embryonic cells from embryos, pre-implantation genetic diagnosis, cellular genetic engineering, and gene therapy. Besides, the technology has applications in tumor surgery and neurovascular pathology.
Micromanipulation is an integral component of advanced livestock assisted reproduction
Besides, the micromanipulation is used in genome editing and genetic engineering.
KeywordsMicromanipulation Microtools Microsurgery Genetic engineering Nanotechnology-based micromanipulation Cellular manipulation
- Bogliotti YS, Vilarino M, Ross PJ (2016) Laser-assisted cytoplasmic microinjection in livestock zygotes. J Vis Exp (116). https://doi.org/10.3791/54465
- Hinrichs K, Choi YH (2016) Micromanipulation of equine blastocysts to allow vitrification. Reprod Fertil Dev. https://doi.org/10.1071/rd15389
- Li R, Miao J, Fan Z, Song S, Kong IK, Wang Y, Wang Z (2018) Production of genetically engineered Golden Syrian Hamsters by pronuclear injection of the CRISPR/Cas9 complex. J Vis Exp (131). https://doi.org/10.3791/56263
- Nguyen HX, Bozorg BD, Kim Y, Wieber A, Birk G, Lubda D, Banga AK (2018) Poly (vinyl alcohol) microneedles: fabrication, characterization, and application for transdermal drug delivery of doxorubicin. Eur J Pharm Biopharm 129:88–103. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejpb.2018.05.017 (Epub 2018 May 22)CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Park K, Kim KC, Lee H, Sung Y, Kang M, Lee YM, Ahn JY, Lim JM, Kang T, Kim B, Lee EJ (2017) Suppressing mosaicism by Au nanowire injector-driven direct delivery of plasmids into mouse embryos. Biomaterials 138:169–178. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biomaterials.2017.05.044 (Epub 2017 May 27)CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Sato M, Kosuke M, Koriyama M, Inada E, Saitoh I, Ohtsuka M, Nakamura S, Sakurai T, Watanabe S, Miyoshi K (2018) Timing of CRISPR/Cas9-related mRNA microinjection after activation as an important factor affecting genome editing efficiency in porcine oocytes. Theriogenology 1(108):129–138. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.theriogenology.2017.11.030 (Epub 2017 Nov 26)CrossRefGoogle Scholar