- 563 Downloads
An automatic cloudification scheme for Software-Defined Networks (SDN) is presented. An existing network consisting of communicating network elements and network functions should be served by several cloud suppliers. The costs of cloudifying each element and each function at each cloud and the costs of transferring a unit of information between and inside clouds are given. The scheme selects in which cloud to locate each element and function in a way that minimizes the total cost of cloudifying and communication. As well, an online distributed protocol of seamless transformation of the existing network communication to the clouds is presented.
- 1.Delaët, S., Dolev, S., Khankin, D., Tzur-David, S., Godinger, T.: Seamless SDN route updates. In: 2015 IEEE 14th International Symposium on Network Computing and Applications, pp. 120–125 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1109/NCA.2015.24
- 3.Dinitz, Y., Dolev, S., Khankin, D.: Dependence graph and master switch for seamless dependent routes replacement in SDN (extended abstract). In: 2017 IEEE 16th International Symposium on Network Computing and Applications (NCA), pp. 1–7. https://doi.org/10.1109/NCA.2017.8171386
- 6.Goldschmidt, O., Hochbaum, D.S.: Polynomial algorithm for the k-cut problem. In: 1998 29th Annual IEEE Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science (FOCS 1988), pp. 444–451 (1988)Google Scholar
- 7.Gurobi Optimization: Gurobi optimizer, 2019 (2019). http://www.gurobi.com
- 9.ONF: OpenFlow Switch Specification Ver 1.5.1. Open Networking Foundation. https://www.opennetworking.org/software-defined-standards/specifications/