Application Specific Reconfigurable SoC Interconnection Network Architecture
- 511 Downloads
Multi and many-core SoCs (System-on-Chip) are the key solutions to cater for extraordinary demands of high-performance embedded and other applications. It has become more critical with the limits on sub-nanometer technologies for chips that cannot be shrunk further. Network on Chip (NoC) is a scalable interconnection structure that can provide efficient solutions for on-chip interconnection problems of many-core SoCs such as re-configurability for application specific applications. Most of the existing reconfigurable NoCs improve performance of SoC in exchange of larger chip area and higher power. We present a new reconfigurable NoC having improved performance and power for variety of SoC applications. The synthesis and simulation results for our approach show higher performance by comparing our NoC architecture with the past on-chip interconnection structures.
KeywordsReconfigurable on-chip SoCs System-on-Chip NoC with router and switch layers Application specific NoC
The authors acknowledge the financial support from Ryerson University and Computing System support from CMC microsystems.
- 2.Khan, G.N.: Efficient and low power NoC router architecture. In: Choi, J., Iniewski, K. (eds.) High-Speed and Low Power Technologies: Electronics and Photonics, pp. 211–251. CRC Press, Taylor & Francis (2018)Google Scholar
- 3.Stensgaard, M., Sparsø, J.: ReNoC: a network-on-chip architecture with reconfigurable topology. In: Proceedings 2nd ACM/IEEE International Symposium Networks-on-Chip (NOCS), Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK, pp. 55–64, April 2008Google Scholar
- 4.Chen, C.H.O., Park, S., Krishna, T., Subramanian, S., Chandrakasan, A.P., Peh, L.S.: SMART: a single-cycle reconfigurable NoC for SoC applications. In: Proceedings Design Automation and Test in Europe (DATE) Conference, Grenoble, pp. 338–343, March 2013Google Scholar
- 6.Sarbazi-Azad, H., Zomaya, A.Y.: A reconfigurable on-chip interconnection network for large multicore systems. In: Sarbazi-Azad, H., Zomaya, A.Y. (eds.) Large Scale Network-Centric Distributed Systems, pp. 3–29. Wiley-IEEE Press (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Suvorova, E., Sheynin, Y., Matveeva, N.: Reconfigurable NoC development with fault mitigation. In: Proceedings of the 18th Conference on Open Innovations Association and Seminar on Information Security and Protection of Information Technology, pp. 335–344 (2016)Google Scholar
- 8.Matos, J.M., et al.: Open cell library in 15 nm FreePDK technology. In: Proceedings of the International Symposium on Physical Design, pp. 171–178, March 2015Google Scholar