Influence of Strip Cooling Rate on Lüders Bands Appearance During Subsequent Cold Deformation
This paper presents the results of study of Lüders bands appearance on hot rolled strip during cold deformation. The research was carried out on niobium microalloyed steel. After the thermomechanical treatment the strip was cooled at different rates. Samples taken from hot rolled strip were tested by stretching to fracture with simultaneous application of the methods thermography and digital image correlation. The analysis of measurement results was performed with the software packages IRBIS 3 professional and MatchID. Significant differences were found in the samples tested at different cooling rates. In the samples cooled at a lower cooling rate, the appearance of Lüders bands in the elastoplastic area was determined. The appearance of Lüders bands was not observed in the samples cooled at a higher rates.
KeywordsLüders band Microalloyed steel Hot rolled strip Cooling rate
This work has been fully supported by Croatian Science Foundation under the project IP-2016-06-1270.
- 2.Rešković, S., Jandrlić, I.: Influence of niobium on the beginning of the plastic flow of material during cold deformation. Sci. World J. 3(5), 5 (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Brlić, T., Rešković, S., Jandrlić, I.: Study of inhomogeneous plastic deformation using thermography. In: 16th International Scientific Conference on Production Engineering - CIM 2017, Zagreb, pp. 65–68 (2017)Google Scholar
- 5.Kutin, M., Ristić, S., Burzić, Z., Puharić, M.: Testing the tensile features of steel specimens by thermography and conventional methods. Sci. Tech. Rev. 60(1), 66–70 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Tretyakova, T.V., Wildemann, V.E.: Study of spatial-time inhomogeneity of serrated plastic flow Al-Mg alloy: using DIC-technique. Frattura ed Integrità Strutturale 27, 83–97 (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Jandrlić, I., Rešković, S., Vodopivec, F.: Determining the amount of Lüders band in niobium microalloyed steel. Metalurgija 55(4), 631–634D (2016)Google Scholar
- 10.Rešković, S., Jandrlić, I., Vodopivec, F.: Influence of testing rate on Lüders band propagation in niobium microalloyed steel. Metalurgija 55(2), 157–160 (2016)Google Scholar
- 11.Rešković, S., Jandrlić, I., Brlić, T.: The influence of niobium content and initial microstructure of steel. In: 5th International Conference on Recent Trends in Structural Materials, Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 461 (2019)Google Scholar