Numerical Analysis of the Dynamic Impact of a Gun Barrel During Firing
The phenomena found in the UKM-2000P machine gun barrel during the firing were investigated. The aim was to evaluate how the change in the center of the mass of the projectile being fired affects the occurring barrel vibrations. Numerical simulations were performed in the ABAQUS program, and then the results were compared with the experimental results. The relationship between the vibrations caused by the mass movement in the barrel and the direction of the projectile was determined.
KeywordsDynamic impact Gun barrel Barrel vibration
Calculations have been carried out in Wroclaw Centre for Networking and Supercomputing (http://www.wcss.pl), grant No. 452.
- 3.Lazowski, J., Malachowski, J., Niezgoda, T.: FE analysis of vibrations for barrel’s tip at shot phase. Biul. WAT 57(3), 235–245 (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Budynas, R., Young, W.: Roark’s Formula for Stress and Strain, 7th edn. McGraw-Hill, New York (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Gaberson, H.A., Chalmers, R.H.: Modal velocity as a criterion of shock severity. Shock Vib. Bull. 40(2), 31–49 (1969)Google Scholar
- 8.Blagonravov, A.A.: Osnowanija projektowanija awtomaticzeskogo orużija. GIOP, Moscow (1940)Google Scholar
- 9.Johnson, G.R., Cook, W.H.: A constitutive model and data for metals subjected to large strains, high strain rates, and high temperatures. In: Proceedings 7th International Symposium on Ballistics, The Hague, pp. 541–547 (1993)Google Scholar
- 12.Sanchidriá, J.A., Castedo, R., López, L.M., Segarra, P., Santos, A.P.: Determination of the JWL constants for ANFO and emulsion explosives from cylinder test data. Cent. Eur. J. Energ. Mater. 12(2), 177–194 (2015)Google Scholar
- 13.Malachowski, J., Mazurkiewicz, P.: Elastic-plastic half cylindrical surface response under blast loading. In: 19th International Conference on Computer Methods in Mechanics, pp. 341–342. Publ. House of the Warsaw University of Technology, Warsaw (2011)Google Scholar
- 14.Barnat, W.: Experimental and numerical study of influence of incidence angle of shock wave created by explosive charge on the steel plate. Bull. Pol. Acad. Sci. Tech. Sci. 62(1), 151–163 (2014)Google Scholar
- 15.Bocian, M., Jamroziak, K., Kosobudzki, M.: Analysis of material punching including a rotational speed of the projectile. In: Solid State Phenomena, vols. 220–221, pp. 571–576 (2015)Google Scholar