Measurement Beyond the Firm
- 692 Downloads
Financial management is often criticized for its short-term orientation. Marketing’s emphasis on meeting customer needs over the long term makes marketing a natural counter-balance to a short-term orientation. This chapter focuses on the constructive role marketing can and should play in triple bottom-line reporting that focuses on both immediate profitability and the long-term sustainability of businesses and the society of which they are a part.
- Economist Intelligence Unit. (2018). The Global Liveability Index. https://pages.eiu.com/rs/753-RIQ-438/images/The_Global_Liveability_Index_2018.pdf
- Elkington, J. (2018, June 25). 25 Years Ago I Coined the Phrase “Triple Bottom Line.” Here’s Why It’s Time to Rethink It. Harvard Business Review.Google Scholar
- Friedman, M. (2009). The Social Responsibility of Business Is to Increase Its Profits. In T. L. Beauchamp, N. E. Bowie, & D. G. Arnold (Eds.), Ethical Theory and Business (8th ed.). Upper Saddle River: Pearson.Google Scholar
- International Integrated Reporting Council. (2013). The International Integrated Reporting Framework. London: The International Integrated Reporting Council. http://integratedreporting.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/13-12-08-THE-INTERNATIONAL-IR-FRAMEWORK-2-1.pdfGoogle Scholar
- Kekic, L. (2012, November 21). The Lottery of Life Methodology. The Economist. https://www.economist.com/news/2012/11/21/the-lottery-of-life-methodology
- Rosoff, Matt (2012, January 5). The Man Who Bill Gates Once Hired to Replace Him Has a New Startup. Business Insider. https://www.businessinsider.com/the-man-who-bill-gates-once-hired-to-replace-him-has-a-new-startup-2012-1. Downloaded 1 Nov 2018.
- Savitz, A. (2013). The Triple Bottom Line: How Today’s Best-run Companies Are Achieving Economic, Social and Environmental Success – And How You Can Too. New York: John Wiley.Google Scholar
- Sirgy, M. J. (2015). Measuring the Impact of Social Marketing Programs Using Personal Well-Being Constructs. In D. W. Stewart (Ed.), The Handbook of Persuasion and Social Marketing (Vol. 2, pp. 217–238). Santa Barbara: Praeger.Google Scholar
- Sirgy, M. J., & Samli, C. A. (1996). New Dimensions in Marketing/Quality-of-Life Research. Santa Barbara: ABC-CLIO.Google Scholar
- Zakaria, F. (2012). The Post-American World, 2.0. New York: W. W. Norton.Google Scholar