Improving Peer Reliability Considering Jitter Parameter: A Fuzzy-Based System for JXTA-Overlay P2P System
In this paper, we propose and evaluate a new fuzzy-based reliability system for Peer-to-Peer (P2P) Communications in JXTA-Overlay platform. We consider Jitter (JT) as a new parameter. In our system, we considered four input parameters: Data Download Speed (DDS), Number of Interactions (NI), Sustained Communication Time (SCT) and Jitter (JT) to decide the Peer Reliability (PR). We evaluate the proposed system by computer simulations. From the simulations results, we conclude that when DDS, NI and SCT are increased, the PR is increased. But when JTT is increased, the PR is decreased. The simulation results have shown that the proposed system has a good performance and can choose reliable peers to connect in JXTA-Overlay platform.
- 1.Xhafa, F., Fernandez, R., Daradoumis, T., Barolli, L., Caballé, S.: Improvement of JXTA protocols for supporting reliable distributed applications in P2P systems. In: International Conference on Network-Based Information Systems (NBiS-2007), pp. 345–354 (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Aikebaier, A., Enokido, T., Takizawa, M.: Reliable message broadcast schemes in distributed agreement protocols. In: International Conference on Broadband, Wireless Computing, Communication and Applications (BWCCA-2010), pp. 242–249 (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Liu, Y., Barolli, L., Spaho, E., Ikeda, M., Caballe, S., Xhafa, F.: A fuzzy-based reliability system for P2P communication considering number of interactions, local score and security parameters. In: International Conference on Network-Based Information Systems (NBiS-2014), pp. 484–489 (2014)Google Scholar
- 9.Spaho, E., Matsuo, K., Barolli, L., Xhafa, F., Arnedo-Moreno, J., Kolici, V.: Application of JXTA-Overlay platform for secure robot control. J. Mobile Multimed. 6(3), 227–242 (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Liu, Y., Sakamoto, S., Matsuo, K., Ikeda, M., Barolli, L.: Improving reliability of JXTA-Overlay platform: evaluation for e-learning and trustworthiness. J. Mobile Multimed. 11(2), 34–50 (2015)Google Scholar