Unfolding Level 1 Menger Polycubes of Arbitrary Size With Help of Outer Faces
In this article, we suggest a grid-unfolding of level 1 Menger polycubes of arbitrary size with L holes along the x-axis, M the y-axis and N the z-axis. These polycubes can have a high genus, and most vertices are of degree 6. The unfolding is based mainly on the inner faces (that do not lie on the outer most envelope) except for some outer faces that are needed to connect lines or planes in the object. It is worth noticing that this grid-unfolding algorithm is deterministic and without refinement.
KeywordsPolycube Orthogonal polyhedra Unfolding High genus object
- 2.Biedl, T., et al.: Unfolding some classes of orthogonal polyhedra. In: Proceedings of 10th Canadian Conference on Computer Geometry, January 1998Google Scholar
- 6.Damian, M., Flatland, R., Meijer, H., O’rourke, J.: Unfolding well-separated orthotrees. In: 15th Annual Fall Workshop Computer Geometry, pp. 23–25. Citeseer (2005)Google Scholar
- 13.O’Rourke, J.: Unfolding orthogonal terrains. arXiv preprint arXiv:0707.0610 (2007)
- 15.Richaume, L., Andres, E., Largeteau-Skapin, G., Zrour, R.: Unfolding H-convex Manhattan Towers. HAL preprint, December 2018. https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-01963257
- 16.Wang, C.-H.: Manufacturability-driven decomposition of sheet metal products. Ph.D. thesis, Carnegie Mellon University (1997)Google Scholar