Image Re-processing of Satellite Imageries
- 484 Downloads
In this chapter, the focus is re-processing satellite imageries. Satellite imagery are images of Earth or other planets collected by Imaging satellites. The quality of satellite imagery is judged by its different types of resolution. The different open source libraries and programming language for analysing big data of images was illustrated. An illustration on how to design a mini-project was carried out. The technicalities of various types of results were adequately explained.
- Bond, T. C., Doherty, S. J., Fahey, D. W., Forster, P. M., Berntsen, T., DeAngelo, B. J., et al. (2013). Bounding the role of black carbon in the climate system: A scientific assessment. Journal of Geophysical Research, 118(11), 5380–5552.Google Scholar
- Campbell, J. B. (2002). Introduction to remote sensing. New York London: The Guilford Press.Google Scholar
- Emetere, M. E. (2016b). Numerical modelling of West Africa regional scale aerosol dispersion. Thesis submitted to Covenant University.Google Scholar
- Emetere, M. E., Akinyemi, M. L., & Akinojo, O. (2015a). Parametric retrieval model for estimating aerosol size distribution via the AERONET, LAGOS station. Environmental Pollution, 207(C), 381–390.Google Scholar
- Emetere, M. E., Esisio, F., Oladapo, F. (2017b). Satellite observation analysis of aerosols loading effect over Monrovia-Liberia. Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 852(1), art. no. 012009. DOI: 10.1088/1742-6596/852/1/012009.Google Scholar
- Emetere, M. E., Sanni, S. E., & Tunji-Olayeni, P. (2017b). Atmospheric configurations of aerosols loading and retention over Bolgatanga-Ghana. Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 852(1), art. no. 012007. DOI: 10.1088/1742-6596/852/1/012007.Google Scholar
- GeoEye. (2018). GeoEye-1 satellite sensor (0.46 m). https://www.satimagingcorp.com/satellite-sensors/geoeye-1/. Accessed January 12, 2018.
- Koike, M., Moteki, N., Khatri, P., Takamura, T., Takegawa, N., Kondo, Y., et al. (2014). Case study of absorption aerosol optical depth closure of black carbon over the East China Sea. Journal of Geophysical Research, 119(1), 122–136.Google Scholar
- Lacis, A. A., & Mishchenko, M. I. (1995). Climate forcing, climate sensitivity, and climate response: A radiative modeling perspective on atmospheric aerosols. In R. Charlson & J. Heintzenberg (Eds.), Aerosol forcing of climate (pp. 11–42). New York: John Wiley.Google Scholar
- Landinfo. (2018). Satellite imagery resolution comparison. http://www.landinfo.com/GalSatResComp.htm. Accessed January 12, 2018.
- Lindén, J., Thorsson, S., Boman, R., Holmer, B. (2012). Urban climate and air pollution in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso: An overview of results from five field studies (pp. 1–88). University of Gothenburg. http://hdl.handle.net/2077/34289.
- NASA. (2015). NASA satellite camera provides “EPIC” view of earth. https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-satellite-camera-provides-epic-view-of-earth. Accessed January 4, 2018.
- Odient. (2018). Odeint solving ODE’s in C++. http://headmyshoulder.github.io/odeint-v2/. Accessed February 17, 2018.
- Omotosho, T. V., Emetere, M. E., & Arase, O. S. (2015). Mathematical projections of air pollutants effects over Niger Delta region using remotely sensed satellite data. International Journal of Applied Environmental Sciences, 10(2), 651–664.Google Scholar
- Rafferty, J.P. (2010). Storms, violent winds, and earth’s atmosphere. The Rosen Publishing Group (p. 95). SBN-13: 978-1615301140, ISBN-10: 1615301143.Google Scholar
- Senghor, H., Machu, É., Hourdin, F., Gaye, A. T. (2017). Seasonal cycle of desert aerosols in western Africa: analysis of the coastal transition with passive and active sensors. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 17, 8395–8410.Google Scholar
- Tegen, I., Peter, H., Mian, C., Fung, I., Jacob, D, Penn, J. (1997). Contribution of different aerosol species to the global aerosol extinction optical thickness: Estimates from model results. Journal of Geophysical Research, 102(D20), 23895–23915.Google Scholar
- Tirabassi, T., Moreira, D. M., Vilhena, M. T., da Costa, C. P. (2010). Comparison between Non-Gaussian puff model and a model based on a time-dependent solution of advection-diffusion equation. Journal of Environmental Protection, 1, 172–178.Google Scholar
- Walcek, C.J. (2004). A Gaussian dispersion/plume model explicitly accounting for wind shear. https://ams.confex.com/ams/pdfpapers/79742.pdf. Accessed January 9, 2018.