Introduction to Computational Techniques
- 578 Downloads
In this chapter, the definition and general concept of computational techniques was extensively discussed. The various fields of application of computational techniques (CT) was explored. The basic components of CT was discussed with specific emphasis on computational softwares, open softwares and libraries. Programming languages were discussed. A simple illustration on linking different languages was given.
- Capterra. (2017). Environmental software. https://www.capterra.com/environmental-software/. Accessed on January 4th, 2018.
- Chandra, K. B., & Chinmayee, R. (2012). Incorporating hidden Markov model into anomaly detection technique for network intrusion detection. International Journal of Computer Applications, 53(11), 42–47.Google Scholar
- ConnectUS (2018). 7 Main Advantages and Disadvantages of Open Source Software, https://connectusfund.org/7-main-advantages-and-disadvantages-of-open-source-software. Accessed November 12th, 2018.
- Emetere, M. E., & Sanni, E. S. (2015). A Review on the comparative roles of mathematical softwares. Global Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, 11(6), 4937–4948.Google Scholar
- Flory, W. J. (2018). 3 tips for organizing your open source project’s workflow on GitHub. https://opensource.com/article/18/4/keep-your-project-organized-git-repo. Accessed August 25th, 2018.
- Higgs, P. (2016). The disadvantages of open source. https://www.gaiaresources.com.au/open-source/. Accessed January 4th, 2018.
- Ibrahim, H. (2010). https://www.linuxfoundation.org/resources/open-source-guides/starting-open-source-project/. Accessed August 25th, 2018.
- Igor, B. (2017). Top 15 Python libraries for data science in 2017. https://medium.com/activewizards-machine-learning-company/top-15-python-libraries-for-data-science-in-in-2017-ab61b4f9b4a7. Accessed on January 4th, 2018.
- István, F., Ágnes, H., Zahari, Z. (2013). Advanced numerical methods for complex environmental models: Needs and availability (p. 201). https://doi.org/10.2174/97816080577881130101; eISBN: 978-1-60805-778-8, 2013. ISBN: 978-1-60805-777-1.
- Korolkovas, A. (2016). Entangled polymer flows at interfaces. A thesis submitted to University of Upsala.Google Scholar
- Matthias, S. (2013). Four types of open source communities. https://opensource.com/business/13/6/four-types-organizational-structures-within-open-source-communities. Accessed August 25th, 2018.
- NASA. (2018). Open-source software project. https://code.nasa.gov/. Accessed January 4th, 2018.
- NOAA. (2018). Numerical weather prediction. https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/data-access/model-data/model-datasets/numerical-weather-prediction. Accessed January 9th, 2018.
- OSI. (2018). https://opensource.org. Accessed August 25th, 2018.
- Patwardhan, M. (2016). Assessing the impact of usability design features of an mHealth app on clinical protocol compliance using a mixed methods approach. Arizona State University: ProQuest Dissertations Publishing; 2016. https://repository.asu.edu/attachments/172769/content/Patwardhan_asu_0010N_16210.pdf
- Perlxs, (2018). http://perldoc.perl.org/perlxs.html#Using-XS-With-C%2b%2b. Accessed August 27th, 2018.
- Seher, R. (2017). Combining open source software licenses—The final chapter. http://blog.thehyve.nl/blog/open-source-software-licenses-3. Accessed August 25th, 2018.
- Tom, A. (2004). How to misunderstand open source software development. http://www.consultingtimes.com/ossdev.html. Accessed August 25th, 2018.
- Upasani, O.S. (2016). Advantages and limitations of open source software for library management system functions: The experience of libraries in India. The Serials Librarian, 71(2), 121–130. https://doi.org/10.1080/0361526X.2016.1201786.
- Välimäki, M. (2005). The rise of open source licensing: A challenge to the use of intellectual property in the software industry (Ph.D. thesis). Helsinki University of Technology. Retrieved 2015-12-30.Google Scholar
- Wilbanks, J. (2013). Understanding open science. http://fastercures.tumblr.com/post/56790751132/understanding-open-science. Accessed August 24th, 2018.