An Efficient Quantum Circuits Optimizing Scheme Compared with QISKit (Short Paper)
Recently, the development of quantum chips has made great progress – the number of qubits is increasing and the fidelity is getting higher. However, qubits of these chips are not always fully connected, which sets additional barriers for implementing quantum algorithms and programming quantum programs. In this paper, we introduce a general circuit optimizing scheme, which can efficiently adjust and optimize quantum circuits according to arbitrary given qubits’ layout by adding additional quantum gates, exchanging qubits and merging single-qubit gates. Compared with the optimizing algorithm of IBM’s QISKit, the quantum gates consumed by our scheme is 74.7%, and the execution time is only 12.9% on average.
KeywordsQuantum computing Quantum circuit Circuit optimizing
The work is supported by National Key R&D Program of China (NO. 2017YFB0802000).
- 1.The backend information of IBM quantum cloud. https://github.com/QISKit/qiskit-backend-information/
- 2.QISKit developer challenge. https://qx-awards.mybluemix.net/
- 3.QISKit Python API. https://qiskit.org/
- 4.The url of alibaba’s quantum cloud platform. http://quantumcomputer.ac.cn/index.html
- 6.Cheung, D., Maslov, D., Severini, S.: Translation techniques between quantum circuit architectures. AAPT (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Grover, L.K.: A fast quantum mechanical algorithm for database search. In: Proceedings of the Twenty-Eighth Annual ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing, pp. 212–219. ACM (1996)Google Scholar
- 8.Linke, N.M., et al.: Experimental comparison of two quantum computing architectures. In: Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, p. 201618020 (2017)Google Scholar
- 9.Nielsen, M.A., Chuang, I.: Quantum Computation and Quantum Information (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.QISKit: The code of merging two u3 gates. https://github.com/QISKit/qiskit-sdk-py/blob/master/qiskit/mapper/_mapping.py