Extracting Business Execution Processes of API Services for Mashup Creation
Mashup services creation has become a new research issue for service-oriented complex application systems. During the mashup service creation, how to extract business execution processes among APIs plays an important role when a mashup service developer receives a bunch of recommended API services. However, it does not exist an effective way to perform mashup recommendation with the support of extracting API business execution processes. In this paper, we propose a novel approach for automated extraction of API business execution processes for mashup creation. Based on the proposed word-domain matrix model, API annotation in a mashup service is transformed as a bipartite graph problem that is solved by the maximum bipartite matching algorithm to semantically annotate involved APIs. Then, directed dependency network among APIs is constructed by analyzing path dependencies and evaluating the compound polarity. Finally, API business execution processes in a mashup service can be extracted. The advantage of the work is that it generates business execution processes instead of a list of independent APIs, which can significantly facilitate mashup service creation for software developers. To validate the performance, we conduct extensive experiments on a large-scale real-world dataset crawled from ProgrammableWeb. The experimental results demonstrate the feasibility and effectiveness of our proposed approach.
KeywordsService-oriented computing API service Mashup creation Business execution processes API annotation
This work was partially supported by Shanghai Natural Science Foundation (No. 18ZR1414400 and 17ZR1400200), National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 61772128 and 61303096), Shanghai Sailing Program (No. 16YF1400300), and Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (No. 16D111208).
- 1.Cao, B., Liu, J., Tang, M., Zheng, Z., Wang, G.: Mashup service recommendation based on user interest and social network. In: IEEE International Conference on Web Services (ICWS), pp. 99–106. IEEE (2013)Google Scholar
- 2.De Marneffe, M.C., Manning, C.D.: Stanford typed dependencies manual. Technical report, Stanford University (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Edmonds, J., Karp, R.M.: Theoretical improvements in algorithmic efficiency for network flow problems. In: Jünger, M., Reinelt, G., Rinaldi, G. (eds.) Combinatorial Optimization — Eureka, You Shrink!. LNCS, vol. 2570, pp. 31–33. Springer, Heidelberg (2003). https://doi.org/10.1007/3-540-36478-1_4CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.Gao, W., Wu, J.: A novel framework for service set recommendation in mashup creation. In: IEEE International Conference on Web Services (ICWS), pp. 65–72. IEEE (2017)Google Scholar
- 5.Gao, Z., et al.: SeCo-LDA: mining service co-occurrence topics for recommendation. In: IEEE International Conference on Web Services (ICWS), pp. 25–32. IEEE (2016)Google Scholar
- 6.Jain, A., Liu, X., Yu, Q.: Aggregating functionality, use history, and popularity of APIs to recommend mashup creation. In: Barros, A., Grigori, D., Narendra, N.C., Dam, H.K. (eds.) ICSOC 2015. LNCS, vol. 9435, pp. 188–202. Springer, Heidelberg (2015). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-48616-0_12CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.Levenshtein, V.: Binary codes capable of correcting spurious insertions and deletion of ones. Probl. Inf. Transm. 1(1), 8–17 (1965)Google Scholar
- 8.Li, C., Zhang, R., Huai, J., Sun, H.: A novel approach for API recommendation in mashup development. In: IEEE International Conference on Web Services (ICWS), pp. 289–296. IEEE (2014)Google Scholar
- 9.Rahman, M.M., Liu, X., Cao, B.: Web API recommendation for mashup development using matrix factorization on integrated content and network-based service clustering. In: IEEE International Conference on Services Computing (SCC), pp. 225–232. IEEE (2017)Google Scholar
- 11.Xu, W., Cao, J., Hu, L., Wang, J., Li, M.: A social-aware service recommendation approach for mashup creation. In: IEEE International Conference on Web Services (ICWS), pp. 107–114. IEEE (2013)Google Scholar
- 12.Yang, X., Cao, J.: A fast and accurate way for API network construction based on semantic similarity and community detection. In: Shi, X., An, H., Wang, C., Kandemir, M., Jin, H. (eds.) NPC 2017. LNCS, vol. 10578, pp. 75–86. Springer, Cham (2017). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-68210-5_7CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.Yao, L., Wang, X., Sheng, Q.Z., Benatallah, B., Huang, C.: Mashup recommendation by regularizing matrix factorization with API co-invocations. IEEE Trans. Serv. Comput. (2018). https://doi.org/10.1109/TSC.2018.2803171