The Contribution of Knowledge Engineering in Supply Chain: A Literature Review
Using Knowledge Engineering in Supply Chain can assure a high level of performance. Actually, supply chain is a favorable area of knowledge flows, explicit knowledge can be easily identified, capitalized and transferred but the real challenge is how to capture tacit knowledge in the different steps of a supply chain. That’s why it’s important to lead a research concerning a literature review about the contribution of Knowledge Engineering in supply chain. The aim of this article is to give a synthesis of the different methods of knowledge engineering that can be used to manage knowledge in supply chain.
For this purpose, we will present in the first part the link between cognitive technology and supply chain, while the second part is dedicated to the explanation of knowledge engineering methods. By the end of the article, we will have an overview of organizational methods and knowledge engineering methods that can be used in supply chain.
KeywordsKnowledge engineering KBE Supply chain Knowledge flows Supply chain management
- Outahar, I., Nfaoui, E., El Baqqali, O.: Implementing knowledge management in supply chain: literature review (2013)Google Scholar
- Marra, M., Ho, W., Edwards, J.S.: Supply chain knowledge management (2011)Google Scholar
- Centobelli, P., Cerchione, R., Esposito, E.: Knowledge management in startups (2017)Google Scholar
- del Rosario Pérez-Salazar, M., Aguilar Lasserre, A.A., Cedillo-Campos, M.G., Hernández Gonzále, J.C.: The role of knowledge management in supply chain management: a literature review. Received October 2016, Accepted September 2017 (2017)Google Scholar
- Cooper, D., La Rocca, G.: Knowledge-based techniques for developing engineering applications in the 21st Century (2007)Google Scholar
- Guo, W., Wen, J., Shao, H., Wang, L. (2015)Google Scholar
- Overend, M., Pelken, P.M., Sauchelli, M.: Pages 78–94 | Received 26 Apr 2017, Accepted 02 Aug 2017, Published online: 23 Aug 2017Google Scholar
- Rosario, J.G.: Much ado about knowledge capital. Business World, Philippines (1996)Google Scholar
- Guerrero, L.A., Pino, J.A.: Understanding organizational memory (2001)Google Scholar
- Malvache, P., Prieur, P.: Mastering corporate experience with the Rex method. In: Barthès, J.P. (ed.) Proceedings of ISMICK 1993, Compiègne, October, pp. 33–41 (1993)Google Scholar
- Dieng, R., Corby, O., Giboin, A., Ribieere, M.: Methods and tools for corporate knowledge management (2004)Google Scholar