Lessons Learned from the Industry’s First TPC Benchmark DS (TPC-DS)
The TPC Benchmark DS (TPC-DS) is a decision support benchmark that models several generally applicable aspects of a decision support system, including queries and data maintenance, which is representative of modern decision support and big data applications. TPC-DS was initially designed for Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS), later extended support for Apache Hadoop. This paper provides the lessons learned including hardware and software tuning parameters from the first TPC-DS publication which was on Cisco UCS® Integrated Infrastructure with Transwarp Data Hub.
KeywordsIndustry standards Performance Hadoop Data warehouse TPC-DS
- 1.Nambiar, R., Poess, M.: The Making of TPC-DS. In: VLDB 2006 (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Poess, M., Nambiar, R., et al.: Why you should run TPC-DS: a workload analysis. In: VLDB 2007 (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.TPC-DS specification. http://www.tpc.org/tpcds/default.asp
- 6.Oracle Optimizer. https://docs.oracle.com/cd/B10500_01/server.920/a96533/optimops.htm
- 10.Fox, A., Brewer, E.: Harvest, yield and scalable tolerant systems. In: Proceedings of 7th Workshop Hot Topics in Operating Systems (HotOS 1999), pp. 174–178. IEEE CS (1999)Google Scholar