Molecular Dynamic Modeling of Long-Range Effect in Metals Exposed to Nanoclusters
Molecular dynamic simulation of the long-range effect in a metal target, irradiated by nanoclusters, is carried out. Calculations have shown that under simultaneous irradiation by several nanoclusters, having different areas of interaction with the target surface, fusion of high temperature moving regions occurs in depth. The temperature in the fusion region rises sharply, exceeding the melting temperature of the target. As a result, structural changes in the crystal lattice at a target depth, exceeding the penetration depth of the nanoclusters, can occur.
KeywordsMolecular dynamics Long-range effect Nanoclusters
The work was financially supported by RFBR grant No. 17-01-00661-a and by a grant of the Plenipotentiary Representative of the Republic of Bulgaria at the JINR.
- 2.Sharkeev, Yu.P., et al.: The long-range effect in metals during ion implantation. Metals 1, 109–115 (1998). (Russian)Google Scholar
- 3.Tetelbaum, D.I., Bayankin, V.Ya.: Long-range effect. Nature 4, 9–17 (2005). (Russian)Google Scholar
- 4.Aparina, N.P., Gusev, M.I., et al.: Some aspects of the long-range effect. Probl. Atomic Sci. Eng. (PASE) Ser. Thermonucl. Fusion 3, 18–27 (2007). (Russian)Google Scholar
- 6.Ovchinnikov, V.V.: Radiation-dynamic effects: the possibilities for the formation of unique structural states and properties of condensed matter. Adv. Phys. Sci. 39, 991–1001 (2008). (Russian)Google Scholar
- 9.Holmurodov, H.T., Puzynin, I.V., et al.: Methods of molecular dynamics for modeling physical and biological processes. PEPAN 2(34), 472–515 (2010). (Russian)Google Scholar
- 10.Samarskii, A.A., Sobol, I.M.: Examples of numerical calculation of temperature waves. J. Comput. Math. Math. Phys. 3(4), 702–719 (1963). (Russian)Google Scholar
- 11.Batgarel, B., Puzynin, I.V., Puzynina, T.P., et al.: Development of the continuously-atomic approach for modeling the processes of interaction of heavy high-energy ions with metals. J. Surf. Investig. 7, 103–107 (2018). (Russian)Google Scholar
- 13.Hybrilit Homepage. http://hybrilit.jinr.ru/. Accessed 2016
- 15.Batgerel, B., Nikonov, E.G., Puzynin, I.V.: Simulation of interaction of colliding nanoclusters beam with solid surface. Vestnik RUDN J. Math. Inf. Sci. Phys. 1, 47–51 (2014)Google Scholar