Effect of Roadside Features on Injury Severity of Traffic Accidents
Everyone wants safe transportation systems to travel from a place to another easily and securely. However, many issues and challenges make transportation systems less safe than they should be. Among these issues are rapid urbanisation over various landscape forms, population growth and migration of people from rural to urban areas. Other challenges include lack of technical tools that can support road safety managers to efficiently simulate future scenarios and create remarkable plans for solving problems concerning road safety. If these problems continue, then failure of transportation systems will greatly affect the stability and development of modern cities because transportation systems are the heart of the cities. Thus, providing solutions for such problems is among the previous research topics in the fields of transportation and geomatics.
- Baatz, M., & Schäpe, A. (2000). Multiresolution segmentation: An optimization approach for high quality multi-scale image segmentation (eCognition).Google Scholar
- Fanos, A. M., & Pradhan, B. (2018). Laser scanning systems and techniques in rockfall source identification and risk assessment: A critical review. Earth Systems and Environment (Article online first available). https://doi.org/10.1007/s41748-018-0046-x.
- Fanos, A. M., Pradhan, B., Aziz, A. A., Jebur, M. N., & Park, H. -J. (2016). Assessment of multi-scenario rockfall hazard based on mechanical parameters using high-resolution airborne laser scanning data and GIS in a tropical area. Environmental Earth Sciences, 75:1129. http://dx.doi.org/1007/s12665-016-5936-3.
- Fanos, A. M., Pradhan, B., Mansor, S., Yusoff, Z. M., & Abdullah, A. F. B. (2018). A hybrid model using machine learning methods and GIS for potential rockfall source identification from airborne laser scanning data. Landslides (pp. 1–18) (online first available). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10346-018-0990-4.
- Gong, J., Zhou, H., Gordon, C., & Jalayer, M. (2012, June). Mobile terrestrial laser scanning for highway inventory data collection. In Proceedings of International Conference on Computing in Civil Engineering (pp. 17–20). Clearwater Beach, FL, USA.Google Scholar
- Idrees, M. O., & Pradhan, B. (2018). Geostructural stability assessment of cave using rock surface discontinuity extracted from terrestrial laser scanning point cloud. Journal of Rock Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, 10(3), 534–544. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jrmge.2017.11.011.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Idrees, M. O., Pradhan, B., Buchroithner, M. F., Shafri, H. Z. M., & Bejo, S. K. (2016). Assessing the transferability of a hybrid Taguchi-objective function method to optimize image segmentation for detecting and counting cave roosting birds using terrestrial laser scanning data. Journal of Applied Remote Sensing, 10(3), 035023. https://doi.org/10.1117/1.JRS.10.035023.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- McCarthy, T., Fotheringham, S., Charlton, M., Winstanley, A. C., & O’Malley, V. (2007). Integration of LIDAR and stereoscopic imagery for route corridor surveying. Mobile Mapping Technology, 37, 1125–1130.Google Scholar
- Müllerová, J., Pergl, J., & Pyšek, P. (2013). Remote sensing as a tool for monitoring plant invasions: Testing the effects of data resolution and image classification approach on the detection of a model plant species Heracleum mantegazzianum (giant hogweed). International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation, 25, 55–65.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Pradhan, B., Jebur, M. N., Shafri, H. Z. M., & Tehrany, M. S. (2015). Data fusion technique using wavelet transform and Taguchi methods for automatic landslide detection from airborne laser scanning data and quickbird satellite imagery. IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing.Google Scholar