Optimizing Support Vector Machine and Ensemble Trees Using Taguchi Method for Road Extraction from LiDAR Data
Part of the Advances in Science, Technology & Innovation book series (ASTI)
Automatic road network extraction, which provides initial data for several applications that require realistic geospatial simulations, is one of the most essential tasks in remote sensing.
- Das, S., Mirnalinee, T. T., & Varghese, K. (2011). Use of salient features for the design of a multistage framework to extract roads from high-resolution multispectral satellite images. IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, 49(10), 3906–3931. https://doi.org/10.1109/tgrs.2011.2136381.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Driss, M., Benabdeli, K., Saint-Gerand, T., & Hamadouche, M. A. (2014). Traffic safety prediction model for identifying spatial degrees of exposure to the risk of road accidents based on fuzzy logic approach. Geocarto International, 30(3), 243–257. https://doi.org/10.1080/10106049.2014.883554.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Fanos, A. M., Pradhan, B., Mansor, S., Yusoff, Z. M., & Abdullah, A. F. B. (2018). A hybrid model using machine learning methods and GIS for potential rockfall source identification from airborne laser scanning data. Landslides, 1–18 (online first available). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10346-018-0990-4.
- Fanos, A. M., & Pradhan, B. (2018). Laser scanning systems and techniques in rockfall source identification and risk assessment: a critical review. Earth Systems and Environment (Article online first available). https://doi.org/10.1007/s41748-018-0046-x.
- Fanos, A. M., Pradhan, B., Aziz, A. A., Jebur, M. N., & Park, H. -J. (2016). Assessment of multi-scenario rockfall hazard based on mechanical parameters using high-resolution airborne laser scanning data and GIS in a tropical area. Environmental Earth Sciences, 75, 1129. http://dx.doi.org/1007/s12665-016-5936-3.
- Gong, L., Zhang, Y., Li, Z., & Bao, Q. (2010). Automated road extraction from LiDAR data based on intensity and aerial photo. In 2010 3rd International Congress on Paper presented at the Image and Signal Processing (CISP).Google Scholar
- Hong, H., Chen, W., Xu, C., Youssef, A. M., Pradhan, B., & Tien Bui, D. (2016). Rainfall-induced landslide susceptibility assessment at the Chongren area (China) using frequency ratio, certainty factor, and index of entropy. Geocarto International, 1–16.Google Scholar
- Idrees, M. O., & Pradhan, B. (2018). Geostructural stability assessment of cave using rock surface discontinuity extracted from terrestrial laser scanning point cloud. Journal of Rock Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, 10(3), 534–544. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jrmge.2017.11.011.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Idrees, M. O., Pradhan, B., Buchroithner, M. F., Shafri, H. Z. M., & Bejo, S. K. (2016). Assessing the transferability of a hybrid Taguchi-objective function method to optimize image segmentation for detecting and counting cave roosting birds using terrestrial laser scanning data. Journal of Applied Remote Sensing, 10(3), 035023. http://dx.doi.org/10.1117/1.JRS.10.035023.
- Idrees, M. O., & Pradhan, B. (2016). A decade of modern cave surveying with terrestrial laser scanning: A review of sensors, method and application development. International Journal of Speleology, 45(1), 71–88. https://doi.org/10.5038/1827-806X.45.1.1923Pradhan.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Jebur, M. N., Pradhan, B., & Tehrany, M. S. (2015). Manifestation of LiDAR derived parameters in spatial prediction of landslides using a novel ensemble evidential belief functions and support vector machine models in GIS. IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing, 8(2), 674–689. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSTARS.2014.2341276.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Platt, J. C. (1999). Using analytic QP and sparseness to speed training of support vector machines. In Advances in neural information processing systems (pp. 557–563).Google Scholar
- Pradhan, B., Jebur, M. N., Shafri, H. Z. M., & Tehrany, M. S. (2015). Data fusion technique using wavelet transform and taguchi methods for automatic landslide detection from airborne laser scanning data and quickbird satellite imagery. IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing.Google Scholar
- Reinoso, J., Ariza-López, F., Barrera, D., Gómez-Blanco, A., & Romero-Zaliz, R. (2015). A fitted B-spline method to derive a representative 3D axis from a set of multiple road traces. Geocarto International, 1–13.Google Scholar
- Saeidi, V., Pradhan, B., Idrees, M. O., & Latif, Z. A. (2014). Fusion of airborne LiDAR with multispectral SPOT 5 image for enhancement of feature extraction using dempster-shafer theory. IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, 52(10), 6017–6025. https://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TGRS.2013.2294398.
- Samadzadegan, F., & Bigdeli, B. (2009). Combining multiple classifiers for automatic road extraction from lidar data.Google Scholar
- Seiffert, C., Khoshgoftaar, T. M., Van Hulse, J., & Napolitano, A. (2008). RUSBoost: Improving classification performance when training data is skewed. In 19th International Conference on Paper presented at the Pattern Recognition, ICPR 2008.Google Scholar
- Soliman, O. S., & Mahmoud, A. S. (2012). A classification system for remote sensing satellite images using support vector machine with non-linear kernel functions. In 2012 8th International Conference on Paper presented at the Informatics and Systems (INFOS).Google Scholar
- Tan, K., Hu, J., Li, J., & Du, P. (2015). A novel semi-supervised hyperspectral image classification approach based on spatial neighborhood information and classifier combination. ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, 105, 19–29. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.isprsjprs.2015.03.006.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Vapnik, V. (2013). The nature of statistical learning theory. Springer Science & Business Media.Google Scholar
- Wang, G., Zhang, Y., Li, J., & Song, P. (2011). 3D road information extraction from LIDAR data fused with aerial-images. In 2011 IEEE International Conference on Paper presented at the Spatial Data Mining and Geographical Knowledge Services (ICSDM).Google Scholar
- Xu, C., Wang, W., Liu, P., Guo, R., & Li, Z. (2014). Using the Bayesian updating approach to improve the spatial and temporal transferability of real-time crash risk prediction models. Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, 38, 167–176. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trc.2013.11.020.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Yao, W., & Han, M. (2011). Remote sensing image classification with parameter optimized support vector machine based on evolutionary computation. In 2011 Fourth International Workshop on Paper presented at the Advanced Computational Intelligence (IWACI).Google Scholar
- Youssef, A. M., Pradhan, B., & Hassan, A. M. (2011). Flash flood risk estimation along the St. Katherine road, southern Sinai, Egypt using GIS based morphometry and satellite imagery. Environmental Earth Sciences, 62(3), 611–623.Google Scholar
- Yusof, N. M., Pradhan, B., Shafri, H. Z. M., Jebur, M. N., & Yusoff, Z. (2016). Spatial landslide hazard assessment along the Jelapang Corridor of the North-South Expressway in Malaysia using high resolution airborne LiDAR data. Arabian Journal of Geosciences, 8(1), 9789–9800. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12517-015-1937-x.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Zhao, J., You, S., & Huang, J. (2011). Rapid extraction and updating of road network from airborne LiDAR data. Paper presented at the Applied Imagery Pattern Recognition Workshop (AIPR), 2011, IEEE.Google Scholar
- Zhou, L., & Stein, A. (2013). Application of random sets to model uncertainty of road polygons extracted from airborne laser points. Computers, Environment and Urban Systems, 41, 289–298. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compenvurbsys.2012.06.006.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
© Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020