A New Method for Determining High-Temperature Wettability of Bonding Phase
High-temperature wettability of bonding phase can be elucidated by its contact angle which is an important property reflecting the bonding behaviour between bonding phases and unmelted components. A new method for determining the high-temperature wettability of bonding phase was developed and applied to analyse the liquid phase generation capability, liquid quantity and bonding strength. Results showed that two cryogenic liquid generated areas of andradite and calcium ferrite formation appeared in Fe2O3–CaO–SiO2 ternary system phase by thermodynamic analysis and the initial temperature of liquid phase formation was divided into three parts. The contact angle will decrease gradually with the increase of furnace temperature until a constant value was reached which measured by a professional software (PolyPro). A positive correlation has been found between contact angle and liquid phase generation ability. This method is meaningful for studying the high-temperature wettability of bonding phase.
KeywordsHigh-temperature wettability Iron ore Phase diagram
- 2.Jiang T (ed) (2016) Principle and technology of agglomeration of iron ores. Central south University Press, ChangshaGoogle Scholar
- 3.Li GS (2008) The mechanism and reasonable composition of bond relative sinter strength. Ph.D. thesis, Northeastern UniversityGoogle Scholar
- 4.Li GS, Dou LW, Shang C (2009) Study on self-strength of calcium ferrite binding phase in Sinter. J Northeastern Univ (Nat Sci) 30(2):225–228Google Scholar
- 8.Yu B, Lv XW, Xiang SL, Xu J (2015) Dissolution kinetics of Al2O3, SiO2 into calcium ferrite based slag. In: Proceedings of the 10th CSM Steel Congress & the 6th Baosteel Biennial Academic Conference, Shang Hai, 1–9 Oct 2015Google Scholar
- 9.Zhu CE, Wu K, Huang DJ (2017) Research on characteristic number about bonding strength of binding phase in sinter. Energy Metall Ind 36(3):23–26Google Scholar