Fake Comment Detection Based on Time Series and Density Peaks Clustering
This paper proposes a fake comment recognition method based on time series and density peaks clustering. Firstly, an anomaly recognition model based on multi-dimensional time series is constructed. Secondly, according to the idea of multi-scale features, seven benchmark-scale and corresponding subdivision-scale features are extracted hierarchically, and further, 49 features are finally obtained. At last, an optimized detection model based on density peaks clustering is proposed for identifying the fake comments, so as to improve the anti-noise ability of our method. The effectiveness of our proposed method is verified by several experiments, with the AUC value reaching 92%.
KeywordsFake review Time series Multi-scale Noise Density peaks clustering
This work is supported by the National Nature Science Foundation of China (No. 61672329, No. 61373149, No. 61472233, No. 61572300, No. 81273704), Shandong Provincial Project of Education Scientific Plan (No. ZK1437B010).
- 1.Jindal, N., Liu, B.: Opinion spam and analysis. In: International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining, pp. 219–230. ACM (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Li, J., Ott, M., Cardie, C., et al.: Towards a general rule for identifying deceptive opinion spam. In: Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics, pp. 1566–1576 (2014)Google Scholar
- 4.Li, H., Liu, B., Mukherjee, A., et al.: Spotting fake reviews using positive-unlabeled learning. Computacion Y Sistemas 18(3), 467–475 (2015)Google Scholar
- 5.Song, H.X., Yan, X., Yu, Z.T., et al.: Detection of fake reviews based on adaptive clustering. J. Nanjing Univ. 49(4), 433–438 (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Husna, H., Phithakkitnukoon, S., Palla, S., et al.: Behavior analysis of spam botnets (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Craigmile, P.F.: All of statistics: a concise course in statistical inference. J. Roy. Stat. Soc. 168(1), 203–204 (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Ren, Y., Yin, L., Ji, D.: Deceptive reviews detection based on language structure and sentiment polarity. J. Front. Comput. Sci. Technol. 8(3), 313–320 (2014)Google Scholar
- 11.Shao, Z., Ji, D.: Spotting fake reviewers based on sentiment features and users’ relationship. Comput. Appl. Softw. 33(5), 158–161 (2016)Google Scholar