Distortion Correction Method of Zoom Lens Based on Vanishing Point Geometric Constraint
In order to solve the problem that the nonlinear distortion of the zoom lens varies with the focal length changes, a fast correction method for zoom lens based on the minimum fitting error of vanishing points is proposed. Firstly, based on the radial distortion model, the equation between the vanishing point and the radial distortion coefficient is established according to the geometric constraint of the vanishing point. And then, according to the principle of the deviation error minimization, use the least squares to fit the equation of straight line of the corrected points. Finally, the variation of distortion parameters with focal length is analyzed, the distortion parameter table between distortion parameter and focal length and the empirical formula of fitting are established. The results of images correction show that the proposed method can effectively correct the nonlinear distortion of zoom lens.
KeywordsDistortion correction Zoom lens Minimum fitting error Vanishing points Radial distortion model
This research is supported by the Program of Jiangxi Outstanding Youth Talent Assistance (Grant No. 20162BCB23047), and Science and Technology Pillar Program of Jiangxi Province (Grant No. 20151BBE50116).
- 2.Lu, H., Li, Y., Mu S., Wang, D., Kim, H., Serikawa, S.: Motor anomaly detection for unmanned aerial vehicles using reinforcement learning. IEEE Internet Things J., 1–8 (2017)Google Scholar
- 3.Wang, Z., Mills, J., Xiao, W., Huang, R., Zheng, S., Li, Z.: A flexible, generic photogrammetric approach to zoom lens calibration. Remote. Sens. 9(3), 1–15 (2017)Google Scholar
- 8.Lu, H., Li, B., Zhu, J., Li, Y., Li, Y., Xu, X., He, L., Li, X., Li, J., Serikawa, S.: Wound intensity correction and segmentation with convolutional neural networks. Concurr. Comput. Pract. Exp. 29(6), 1–10 (2016)Google Scholar
- 9.Lu, H., Li, Y., Uemura, T., Kim, H., Serikawa, S.: Low illumination underwater light field images reconstruction using deep convolutional neural networks. Futur. Gener. Comput. Syst., 1–19 (2018)Google Scholar
- 11.Shin, H., Oh, J., Sohn, K.: Automatic radial distortion correction in zoom lens video camera. J. Electron. Imaging 19(4), 2843–2850 (2010)Google Scholar
- 13.Zhang, Z.: A flexible new technique for camera calibration. IEEE Comput. Soc. 22(11), 1330–1334 (2000)Google Scholar
- 15.Liu, D., Liu, X., Wang, M.: Automatic approach of lens radial distortion correction based on vanishing points. J. Image Graph. 19(3), 407–413 (2014)Google Scholar
- 16.Fitzgibbon, A.W.: Simultaneous linear estimation of multiple view geometry and lens distortion. In: Proceedings of the 2001 IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, 2001. CVPR 2001, vol. 1, pp. I-125–I-132. IEEE (2001)Google Scholar
- 20.Chen, T., Ma, Z., Wu, X., Wu, D.: Robust correction method for camera lens distortion. Control. Decis. 28(3), 461–465 (2013)Google Scholar