Breaking Rotor Bars and Ring Segments Faults on Squirrel Induction Motor: Analytical Study and Comparison of Its Spectral Signatures on Stator Currents
In this paper, we attempt to apply breaking bars and broken ring segments faults to a squirrel cage induction motor, which involve the same conditioning. The principle objective in this manuscript is how to clarify the difference in terms of amplitude and frequency, the outcomes of this test system examined by comparing with that of a healthy induction motor, these comparisons reveal the efficient of the PSD analysis.
KeywordsInduction motors Squirrel cage Ring segment Broken bars PSD
The authors gratefully acknowledge the helpful suggestions of the reviewers, which have improved the manuscript.
- Noureddine, L., Touhami, O.: Diagnosis of wind energy system faults Part I: modeling of the squirrel cage induction generator. Int. J. Adv. Comput. Sci. Appl. 6(8), 46–53 (2015)Google Scholar
- Roman M (2012) Analysis of squirrel cage motor with broken bars and rings. Trans. Electr. Eng. 1(2)Google Scholar
- Filipetti, F., Franceschinzi, G., et al.: Impact of speed ripple on rotor fault diagnosis of induction machine. In: International Conference on Electrical Machines, vol. 2. Vigo (1996)Google Scholar
- Munoz, A.R., Lipo, T.A.: Complex vector model of the squirrel-cage induction machine including instantaneous rotor bar currents. IEEE-IAP 35(6), 1332–1340 (1999)Google Scholar
- Sahar, Z., Samsul, B.N., et al.: Broken rotor bar fault detection and classification using wavelet packet signature analysis based on fourier transform and multi-layer perceptron neural network. Appl. Sci. 8, 25 (2018)Google Scholar