Control of the Lateral Dynamics of Electric Vehicle Using Active Security System
The control security of the modern vehicles is directly related to the control of the lateral dynamics of the vehicles and especially the yaw dynamics. The objective of this paper is to develop an active security system, based on the technique of sliding mode control, for the rate yaw control. The most important component of active lateral control assistance is the motor used to act on lateral dynamics. There are two principles of assistance: by differential braking of the wheels or by intervention on a steering column with a mechanical link. The approach to highlight the function to be performed to ensure the lateral stability of a road vehicle: Active Front Steering (AFS). The basic principle of this direction is to provide a steering correction with respect to the steering angle of the wheel, i.e. by adding a corrective steering angle to the driver maneuvers to facilitate the vehicle’s rotational movement around its vertical axis to improve lateral vehicle stability in critical situations (skidding, turning or cornering). Several Matlab/Simulink simulation tests will be carried out to validate the effectiveness of the proposed control.
KeywordsLateral dynamics Lateral control Bicycle model Assisted steering Active security system
- 1.Gang, L., Changfu, Z., Qiang, Z.: Acceleration slip regulation control of 4WID electric vehicles based on fuzzy road identification. J. South China Univ. Technol. 40, 99–104 (2012)Google Scholar
- 2.Ariff, M.M., Zamzuri, H., Idris, N.N., Mazlan, S., Nordin, M.: Direct yaw moment control of independent-wheel-drive electric vehicle (IWD-EV) via composite nonlinear feedback controller. In: 2014 First International Conference on Systems Informatics, Modelling and Simulation, pp. 112–117 (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Abe, M.: Vehicle handling dynamics: theory and application. Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford (2015)Google Scholar
- 8.Klier, W., Reinelt, W.: Active Front Steering (Part 1): Mathematical Modeling and Parameter Estimation. SAE Technical Paper 0148-7191 (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Jin, X., Yin, G., Zhang, N., Chen, J.: Stabilizing electric vehicle lateral motion with considerations of state delay of active front steering system through robust control. In: 2016 IEEE Conference and Expo, Transportation Electrification Asia-Pacific (ITEC Asia-Pacific), pp. 616–620 (2016)Google Scholar