Intelligent Infant Monitoring System Involving a Wi-Fi Wireless Sensor Network
Intelligent monitoring is the future of mainstream automation and networking technology. This study presents an infant care system involving a variety of sensors that detect the status of an infant’s cradle, transmitting the data to a home server over Wi-Fi through a wireless transmission module and establishing a database. Users can interact with the system from a home based remote server, which stores the statuses and information on all monitored appliances. This enables them to remotely monitor and control the smart cradle, even from mobile devices such as smartphones or tablets. Thus, this intelligent infant monitoring system affords users both functionality and convenience.
KeywordsInfant Smart cradle Wi-Fi Wireless sensor network
We would like to thank the Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST) in Taiwan and the Smart Machine and Intelligent Manufacturing Research Center. This research was supported in part by the MOST (under the Grant Number MOST 106-2221-E-150-005) and the Smart Machine and Intelligent Manufacturing Research Center.
- 1.Jen, W.-H.: A preliminary study of infant sleep patterns from ages 1 to 12 months, School of Nursing, Chang Gung University (2014) Google Scholar
- 2.Wang, M.W.: Development of Smart Baby Sleep System. Department of Computer and Communication, Shu-Te University (2014)Google Scholar
- 3.Chuang, C.Y.: Development of an Embedded System Based Remote, Multifunctional Baby Care Module. Department of Electrical Engineering, Chang Gung University (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Liao, W.-C.: Study of intelligent baby care and mobile information system. Department of Computer and Communication, Shu-Te University (2014)Google Scholar
- 5.Shie, M.C., Lin, P.C., Su, T.M., Chen, P., Hutahaean, A.: Intelligent energy monitoring system based on ZigBee-equipped smart sockets. In: 2014 International Conference on Intelligent Green Building and Smart Grid (IGBSG), pp. 1–5, April 2014Google Scholar
- 6.Yan, W., Wang, Q., Gao, Z.: Smart home implementation based on Internet and WiFi technology. In: 2015 34th Chinese Control Conference (CCC), pp. 9072–9077, July 2015Google Scholar
- 7.Ye, X., Huang, J.: A framework for cloud-based smart home. In: 2011 International Conference on Computer Science and Network Technology (ICCSNT), vol. 2, pp. 894–897, December 2011Google Scholar
- 8.Cheng, S.H., Huang, J.C., Lin, C.J.: A real-time location and infant monitoring system based on active RFID. In: 2012 International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics (ICMLC), vol. 5, pp. 1844–1849, July 2012Google Scholar