A Novel Steganography Algorithm Based on Alpha Blending Technique Using Discrete Wavelet Transform (ABT-DWT)
Steganography is the process of secret communication, it is the art of dissimulating information into digital mediums such as images. This discipline is still a thriving domain under information hiding and security field. In this paper, we propose a novel image steganography algorithm based on alpha blending technique through Discrete Haar Wavelet Transform (ABT-DWT). The hidden data is located in the most robust area under the frequency transform of the image. Intensive experiments are achieved in order to validate its efficiency by examining it with different kinds of images and four increased cases of capacity of hiding. Results indicate that the proposed algorithm reaches a high level that satisfies all steganographic parameters comparing with similar previous results under the same domain. The findings enhance the image steganography techniques and their performance.
KeywordsImage Steganography PSNR MSE Wavelet transform Alpha blending technique
- 1.Sathisha, N., Venugopal, K.R., Babu, K.S., Raja, K.B., Patnaik, L.M.: Non embedding steganography using average technique in transform domain. In: IEEE 9th International Colloquium on Signal Processing and its Applications (CSPA) (2013). https://doi.org/10.1109/CSPA.2013.6530003
- 15.Taouil, Y., Ameur, E.B, Belghiti, M.T.: New image steganography method based on haar discrete wavelet transform. In: EMENA-TSSL Advances in intelligence on Computer Sciences, vol. 520, pp. 287–297. Springer (2016)Google Scholar
- 16.Taouil, Y., Ameur, E.B., Benhfid, A., Harba, R., Jennane, R.: A data hiding scheme based on the haar discrete wavelet transform and the K-LSB. Int. J. Imaging Robot. 17, 41–53 (2017)Google Scholar
- 17.Prabakaran, G., Bhavani, R.: A modified secure digital image steganography based on discrete wavelet transform. In: IEEE International Conference on Computing, Electronics and Electrical Technologies (ICCEET) (2012). https://doi.org/10.1109/ICCEET.2012.6203811
- 18.Dey, N., Roy, A.B., Dey, S.: A novel approach of color image hiding using RGB color planes and DWT. Int. J. Comput. Appl. 36, 19–24 (2011)Google Scholar