Modeling Dynamics of Planetary Gears of Crank Press on SimulationX
The paper investigates the dynamics of a planetary gear of crank press. Currently, dynamic research of planetary gear of crank presses with account for elasticity of links, friction and backlashes, is a critical task. Dynamics of planetary gear of crank presses is well simulated on a software package SimulationX, with the help of universal basic structures. The paper shows that the dynamics of planetary mechanism with account for backlashes essentially differs from the dynamics of the ideal mechanism. The maximum acceleration of the carrier, when taking into account the backlashes in bearings of gears of the planetary gears of the crank press, increases by 30%.
KeywordsPlanetary gear Crank press Dynamics SimulationX
This material is based upon work supported by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan under grant no. AP05134959.
- 1.Maitra, G.: Handbook of Gear Design. Tata McGraw-Hill Education, New Delhi (1994)Google Scholar
- 3.Lynwander, P.: Gear Drive Systems: Design and Application. Marcel Dekker, New York (1983)Google Scholar
- 8.Munro, R.G.: Effect of geometrical errors on the transmission of motion between gears. In: Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, vol. 184, part 30, pp. 79–84 (1969–1970)Google Scholar
- 10.ANSYS Inc. http://www.ansys.com/
- 11.MSC.Software. http://www.mscsoftware.ru/
- 12.ITI GmbH. http://www.simulationx.com/