Cost-Effective Wireless Sensing System for an Intelligent Pneumatic Tire
Intelligent tires constitute one of the approaches that allow to increase the effectiveness of the active safety systems of vehicles. Several areas of improvement concern these systems, all of them focused on the information about tire-road states. This study introduces the use of cost-effective flex sensor technology in intelligent tires in order to estimate the tread rotational speed and the vertical load. This technology has been combined with a wireless data transmission and a suitable prototype has been realized. First experimental tests have been conducted and the obtained results show the goodness of the proposed solution.
KeywordsIntelligent tire Flex sensor Vehicle dynamics Smart systems
- 2.Niola, V., Quaremba, G., Pellino, G., Montanino, A.: A nonlinear spectrum for the diagnostics of a complex dynamical system. Int. J. Appl. Eng. Res. 11(18), 9569–9575 (2016)Google Scholar
- 3.Vincenzo, N., Giuseppe, Q., Aniello, F.: The detection of gear noise computed by integrating the Fourier and Wavelet methods. WSEAS Trans. Sig. Process. 4(3), 60–67 (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Niola, V., Quaremba, G., Savino, S.: The objects location from images binarized by means of self-learning neural network. WSEAS Trans. Syst. 4(4), 417–423 (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Magori, V., Magori, V.R., Seitz, N.: On-line determination of. tire deformation, a novel sensor principle. In: Proceedings of the IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium, Sendai, Japan, 5–8 October 1998Google Scholar
- 8.Moona, K.S., Liangb, H., Yi, J., Mika, B.: Tire tread deformation sensor and energy harvester development for smart tire applications. In: Proceedings of the Sensors and Smart Structures Technologies for Civil, Mechanical, and Aerospace System, San Diego, CA (2007)Google Scholar