Good Governance: A Response to the Energy Crisis Problem
Energy and power crisis, for example, in Bangladesh, has become a continuous and persistent problem since her independence in 1971. It is, therefore, essential to take steps ensuring necessary energy supplies and their proper distribution to all uses and users to support steady socio-economic development in Bangladesh. This can be ensured through the institutional reforms of the energy utilities, the proper coordination among different energy stakeholders, enhancement of new policies, resource valuation and capacity development for proper administration. Through the practices of transparency and accountability, the government can consult with various stakeholders for policy implications. The government can focus on the policies which reflect the public sentiment and help the country to achieve the goals in effective ways. So, good governance is a key issue from Bangladesh’s perspective as it can help the country to get rid of this demand–supply mismatch.
KeywordsEnergy crisis Good governance Bangladesh Policy Political Socio-economic
- Ahmed, Z. (2011) Electricity crisis of Bangladesh: Result of organizational inefficiency?. Energy and Environment Research, 1(1), 12–23. https://doi.org/10.5539/eer.v1n1p12.
- Amin, S. B. (2015). The Macroeconomics of energy price shocks and electricity market reforms: The case of Bangladesh. Ph.D. thesis, Durham University, Durham. Available at Durham E-Thesis: http://etheses.dur.ac.uk/11241/.
- Amin, S. B., Ali, T. I., & Marzana, U. (2017). The dynamics of good governance in promoting energy security: The case of Bangladesh. Acta Universitatis Danubius. Relationes Internationales, 10(1), 84–101. Available at http://journals.univ-danubius.ro/index.php/internationalis/article/viewFile/4224/4115.
- Duggar, J. W. (2010). The role of integrity in individual and effective corporate leadership. Journal of Academic and Business Ethics, 3, 1–7. Selected for inclusion by Charles A. Millick, editor, The Challenges for Leadership, Values, and Happiness in the 21st Century: What are the Keys for Success? Chapter 4: “The Role of Integrity in Individual and Effective Corporate Leadership,”, (Lanham, Maryland: University Press of America, Inc., July 2012), pp. 53-60. Available at http://www.aabri.com/OC09manuscripts/OC09089.pdf.
- Khalid, I., & Mukhtar, A. (2016). Energy crisis: An issue of good governance, a way forward. Journal of Political Studies, 23(1), 101–116. Available at https://www.questia.com/library/journal/1P3-4123261181/energy-crisis-an-issue-of-good-governance-a-way.