Development of Educational Karate Games with the Help of Scenes and Characters from the Popular Cartoon Series
For today’s younger populations, computer games are an integral part of life, and the virtual world of their heroes is a natural environment. The use of a video game for educational purposes provides interesting ways of presenting facts, acquiring knowledge and the ability to apply knowledge in the virtual world, improving the process of learning itself and bringing students closer to learning goals. In addition to computer games, popular cartoons such as: Sponge Bob, Pokemon, Dragon Ball and others, have a significant impact in the process of growing up of young people.
Karate as a sport is increasingly popular in the world and the interest in this martial art is very high. The popular animated series that children and teenagers are watching are certainly contributing to this. One of them is Dragon Ball Z, which some people judge, but others point to its positive effects.
One such positive effect is shown in this paper. It is shown how characters and scenes from the animated series can be used in the development of educational computer games to learn very complex names of body parts, poses and actions of karate. The prototype of this educational computer game was developed in the popular programming technology Windows Presentation Foundation. This paper presents how the characters and scenes from the animated series are used in the WPF animation system.
KeywordsVideo games Animated series Dragon ball Z Karate Programming technology windows presentation foundation Prototype of educational computer game for karate
- 1.Pivec, M.: Igra i učenje: Potencijali učenja kroz igru. Edupoint časopis (2006). http://edupoint.carnet.hr/casopis/49/clanci/1.html. Accessed 10 Jan 2018
- 2.Klopke elektronske zabave. Pogled (2006). http://pregled.com/print_preview.php?id_nastavak=796&grupa=zdravlje. Accessed 18 Jan 2018
- 3.Destiny – a non-gamer’s guide to 2014’s biggest game. The Guardian (2014). https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/sep/08/destiny-non-gamers-guide-bungie-rpg. Accessed 18 Jan 2018
- 4.Jovanovac, I.: Utjecaj crtanih filmova na djecu predškolske dobi (2017). https://zir.nsk.hr/islandora/object/ufzg%3A329/datastream/PDF/view. Accessed 20 Jan 2018
- 5.Fegeš, K.: Manipulativni sadržaji i poruke u animiranim filmovima za djecu (2016). http://cultstud.ffri.hr/kultura-u-akciji/osvrti/558-manipulativni-sadrzaji-i-poruke-u-animiranim-filmovima-za-djecu. Accessed 18 Jan 2018
- 6.Horton, N.: Japanese Martial Arts. Summersdale Publishers Ltd. UK (2005). https://www.e-reading.club/bookreader.php/134614/Horton_-_Japanese_Martial_Arts.pdf. Accessed 18 Jan 2018
- 7.MacDonald, M.: Pro WPF in C# 2008: Windows Presentation Foundation with .NET 3.5, pp. 729–732. Apress. New York (2008). Accessed 20 Jan 2018Google Scholar