User as Customer: Touchpoints and Journey Map
Customer eXperience (CX) is a concept traditionally related to marketing and Service Sciences. Lately there is an increasing interest on CX from the Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) community. CX extends the User eXperience (UX) concept: it examines the whole customer journey and experiences with several systems, products or services that a company offers, instead of focusing in a single one. CX is one of the most important factors when it comes to maintaining a competitive advantage. The paper examines a specific case study, when a user wants to buy a ticket through a virtual travel agency. We identify the phases of the lifecycle of the consumer’s journey, the existing points of contact between customer and company through systems, products, services (touchpoints), and the emotions that could predominate in each of the stages.
KeywordsCustomer Experience (CX) Customer lifecycle Customer Journey Map Touchpoints
This work was supported by the School of Informatics Engineering of the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso – Chile. Camila Bascur has been granted the “INF-PUCV” Graduate Scholarship.
- 1.Maital, S.: The Experience Economy: Work is Theatre & Every Business a Stage. MIT Sloan Management Review, Cambridge (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.Jantsch, J.: Duct Tape Marketing: The World’s Most Practical Small Business Marketing Guide. Thomas Nelson Inc., Nashville (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.ISO 9241-210: Ergonomics of human-system interaction — Part 210: Human-centered design for interactive systems. International Organization for Standardization, Geneva (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.LaSalle, D., Britton, T.A.: Priceless: Turning Ordinary Products into Extraordinary Experiences. Harvard Business School Press, Brighton (2003)Google Scholar
- 10.Schmitt, B.H.: Experiential Marketing: How to Get Customers to Sense, Feel, Think, Act, and Relate. The Free Press, New York (1999)Google Scholar
- 11.Una visión diferente. https://jaimeporta.com/2016/01/22/el-ciclo-de-vida-del-cliente/
- 13.The CEO Refresher. http://www.refresher.com/alrpmtouchpoint.html