Geotechnical Research and Design of Wind Power Plant
- 299 Downloads
The paper refers to one of the sought-after directions – sustainable development and renewable energy. According to the world practice, the wind power industry has received a powerful impetus for development and has reached the leading positions in the economies of developed countries.
The paper presents the results of the research of the wind power plant foundations. The studies included in-situ observations (monitoring) of wind speed and vibration of the base plate (slab) of the wind power plant. Comparison of the results of the intensity of the wind pressure and the vibration parameters of the foundation helped to assess the vibration effect on the foundation in the windiest period (according to the standard for construction climatology).
After assessing the reliability of the operated wind power plant based on the results of in-situ observations, the output data of the maximum values of the parameters were obtained. These parameters had used for numerical analysis in the software Plaxis 2D to compare the data of the dynamic impact on the foundation from the tower of the power plant. Numerical simulation of the foundation of the wind power plant was carried out with the aim of analyzing the stress-strain state of the soil massif and evaluation of the stability of the basement.
KeywordsWind Power Plants Maximum Wind Pressure Vibration Parameters Construction Climatology Wind Turbine Foundations
- Alkayyal, H., Awwad, T.: Improvement of the dynamic behavior of soil structures underlain by liquefiable soil using the Geosynthetics-encased columns. In: Proceedings of the 6th International Symposium on Deformation Characteristics of Geomaterials, Buenos Aires, Argentina, November 2015, Advances in Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, vol. 6, pp. 792–799. IOS press (2015)Google Scholar
- Project of the Government of Kazakhstan and the Development Program of the United Nations Organization “Kazakhstan - Initiative of the Development of Wind Power Engineering Market”, the wind power plant near Ereymentau city, Pre-investing research, Almaty, pp. 7–9 (2008)Google Scholar
- DIN 45669. Human exposure to vibration in buildings, Germany, p. 8 (1995–2006)Google Scholar
- Zhussupbekov, A. Zh., Lukpanov, R.E., Tsygulyov, D.V., Orazova, D.K.: Research of vibrating influence of wind power tower to the foundation. Becтник HИA PК №4 (66), pp. 124–130 (2017)Google Scholar
- Lukpanov, R.E., Orazova, D.K., Zhussupbekov, A., Zh., Sapenova, Zh.: Design of foundation for wind turbine with analysis by finite element method. In: 13th Baltic Sea Geotechnical Conference, Lithuania, 22–24 September 2016, pp. 196–200 (2016). ISSN 2424-5968, ISBN 978-609-457-957-8Google Scholar
- The national program of wind energy development until 2015 with the perspective till 2024 (project), Almaty, Astana, pp. 3–5 (2007)Google Scholar