Chatbot: Efficient and Utility-Based Platform
This paper aims to analyze the technology of chatbots and investigate its development, which is becoming a popular trend now. A chatbot can simulate a human being to interact with the people in real-time, using the natural language and sends its response from a knowledge base and a set of business rules. Firstly, by using a few examples of the famous chatbots, we have shown that the artificial intelligence based chatbots are the latest trend. The salient features of the chatbot techniques have been discussed, in short, using examples of 5 chatbot-based utilities. Then we have analyzed the significance of a chatbot. Also, we have presented people’s view of chatbots through a short survey to find if the popularity of this utility is rising or declining. The way they work and their advantages and disadvantages have also been analyzed respectively through the arrangement and analysis of information, as well as statistics and conclusions. Further, we have introduced the design principles of a chatbot. We have used the examples of some popular utilities to explain them specifically. The empirical result to create a prototype for the proposed test is shown in the form of questionnaire and recommendations. We have tried to find out a relationship between chatbot and utility. We have also presented the study of their time complexity, according to the algorithm of a chatbot. In the future, human beings are more likely to use human-computer interaction by interacting with chatbots rather than using network connections or utilities. With this research, we hope that we can provide a better understanding and some clear information for people to know better about the relationship between chatbot and utility.
KeywordsChatbot Human-computer interaction Artificial intelligence Time complexity
This work was supported in part by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant 61572263, Grant 61502251, Grant 61502243, and Grant 61602263.
- 1.Spyrou, E., Iakovidis, D., Mylonas, P. (eds.) Semantic Multimedia Analysis and Processing. CRC Press, Boca Raton (2014)Google Scholar
- 2.Jacko, J.A. (ed.) Human-Computer Interaction Handbook: Fundamentals, Evolving Technologies, and Emerging Applications. CRC Press, Boca Raton (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Chaoguo, C., Rui, L.: Chatbot is the new entrance without only apps (2016)Google Scholar
- 5.Sina Technology, I’m smoking kush in front of the police (Unpublished)Google Scholar
- 6.Marr, B.: From big data to insights: what questions would you ask your AI chat robot? (2016)Google Scholar
- 7.Assefi, M., Liu, G., Wittie, M.P., Izurieta, C.: An experimental evaluation of Apple’s Siri and Google speech recognition. In: Proceedings of the 2015 ISCA SEDE (2015)Google Scholar