Context-Driven Heterogeneous Interface Selection for Smart City Applications
With the diversity and variety of devices and interface modalities these devices offer, the choice of the right interface is still a significant research challenge. We propose a method of Context-driven Heterogeneous Interface Selection for Smart City Applications, which is based on context-driven and situation-aware modality selection mechanism. The method involves the use of a user model, a device model, and an environment model as an adaptation mechanism and a mechanism for selecting an appropriate modality or combination of modalities. Several scenarios of the functioning of the system are described. A series of tests was conducted for each scenario. Tests results are also given in the article. Benefits of the proposed approach are discussed and demonstrated.
KeywordsHeterogeneous interface Knowledge representation Context awareness Smart city Waste management
Part of this work has been carried out in the scope of the project bIoTope which is co-funded by the European Commission under Horizon-2020 program, contract number H2020-ICT-2015/ 688203 – bIoTope. The research has been carried out with the financial support of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation under grant agreement RFMEFI58716X0031.
- 3.The bIoTope Project Webpage [Electronic resource]. http://www.biotope-project.eu/
- 6.Dey, A.K., Abowd, G.D.: Towards a better understanding of context and context-awareness. Comput. Syst. 40(3), 304–307 (1999)Google Scholar
- 8.Zouhaier, L., Yousra, B.H., Ben Ayed, L.J.: Building adaptive accessible context-aware for user interface tailored to disable users. In: Proceedings of International Computer Software and Applications Conference, pp. 157–162 (2013)Google Scholar
- 9.Macik, M.: Automatic User Interface Generation Doctoral Thesis, 173 p (2016)Google Scholar
- 10.SWM-DomainOntology [Electronic resource]. http://sdn.naulinux.ru:8128/SPB/swm-ontology.owl
- 11.Sosunova, I., Zaslavsky, A., Anagnostopoulos, T., Fedchenkov, P., Sadov, O., Medvedev, A.: SWM-PnR: ontology-based context-driven knowledge representation for IoT-enabled waste management. In: Galinina, O., Andreev, S., Balandin, S., Koucheryavy, Y. (eds.) NEW2AN/ruSMART/NsCC -2017. LNCS, vol. 10531, pp. 151–162. Springer, Cham (2017). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-67380-6_14CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 12.Sosunova, I., Zaslavsky, A., Anagnostopoulos, T., Medvedev, A., Khoruzhnikov, S., Grudinin, V.: Ontology-based voice annotation of data streams in vehicles. In: Balandin, S., Andreev, S., Koucheryavy, Y. (eds.) ruSMART 2015. LNCS, vol. 9247, pp. 152–162. Springer, Cham (2015). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-23126-6_14CrossRefGoogle Scholar