Kinetic Approach to Elasticity Analysis of D2D Links Quality Indicators Under Non-stationary Random Walk Mobility Model
In device-to-device communications, the link quality indicators, such as signal-to-interference ratio (SIR) is heavily affected by mobility of users. Conventionally, the mobility model is assumed to be stationary. In this paper, we use kinetic theory to analyze evolution of probability distribution function parameters of SIR in D2D environment under non-stationary mobility of users. Particularly, we concentrate on elasticity of the SIR moments with respect to parameters of Fokker-Planck equation. The elasticity matrix for average SIR value, SIR variance and time periods, when SIR values is higher than a certain threshold are numerically constructed. Our numerical results demonstrate that the main kinetic parameter affecting SIR behavior is diffusion coefficient. The influence of the drift is approximately ten times less.
KeywordsWireless communications Device-to-device communications Kinetic equation Non-stationary random walk Mathematical modeling SIR distribution
The publication has been prepared with the support of the “RUDN University Program 5-100” and funded by RFBR according to the research projects No. 17-07-00845, 18-37-00380. This work has been developed within the framework of the COST Action CA15104, Inclusive Radio Communication Networks for 5G and beyond (IRACON).
- 1.Fedorov, S.L., et al.: SIR distribution in D2D environment with non-stationary mobility of users. In: Paprika, Z.Z., et al. (Eds.) Proceedings 31st European Conference on Modelling and Simulation (ECMS), pp. 720–725 (2017)Google Scholar
- 2.Ivchenko, A., Orlov, Yu., Samouylov, A., Molchanov, D., Gaidamaka, Yu.: Characterizing time-dependent variance and coefficient of variation of SIR in D2D connectivity. In: Galinina, O., Andreev, S., Balandin, S., Koucheryavy, Y. (eds.) NEW2AN/ruSMART/NsCC -2017. LNCS, vol. 10531, pp. 526–535. Springer, Cham (2017). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-67380-6_49CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 3.Orlov, Yu., Pleshakov, R., Gaidamaka, Yu.: Software complex for modeling non-stationary event flows. In: Proceedings of the 9th International Congress on Ultra Modern Telecommunications and Control Systems (ICUMT), pp. 112–116 (2017)Google Scholar
- 5.Samuylov, A., et al.: Analytical performance estimation of network-assisted D2D communications in urban scenarios with rectangular cells. In: Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies, vol. 28, no. 2 (2017)Google Scholar
- 7.Orlov, Yu.N.: Kinetic Methods for Investigating Time-Dependent Time Series, p. 276. MIPT, Moscow (2014)Google Scholar
- 9.Skorokhod, A.V.: Random Processes with Independent Derivatives, p. 280. Nauka, Moscow (1964)Google Scholar