MHD Carreau Fluid Flow Past a Melting Surface with Cattaneo-Christov Heat Flux
In this article, we presented simultaneous solutions for magnetohydrodynamic Cattaneo-Christov flow of Carreau fluid over a variable thickness melting surface. Firstly, proper transformations are considered to convert the basic flow equations as ODE. The solution of these ODEs is obtained by the consecutive application of shooting and R.K. fourth-order methods. Graphs are plotted with the assistance of MATLAB package to emphasize the impact of various physical parameters on the flow fields. Further, the rate of heat transfer and friction factor are also intended and depicted with the help of a table. Results indicate that fluid velocity has inverse relationship with melting and magnetic field parameters. Also the nonuniform heat source/sink parameters play a key role in heat transfer performance.
- 6.Hayat, T., Farooq, M., Alsaedi, A., Solamy, F.A.: Impact of Cattaneo-Christov heat flux in the flow over a stretching sheet with variable thickness. AIP Adv. 5, Article Id: 087159 (2015)Google Scholar
- 8.Khan, M., Azam, M.: Unsteady boundary layer flow of Carreau fluid over a permeable stretching surface. Res. Phys. 6, 1168–1174 (2016)Google Scholar
- 11.Kumar, K.A., Reddy, J.V.R., Sugunamma, V., Sandeep, N.: Impact of cross diffusion on MHD viscoelastic fluid flow past a melting surface with exponential heat source. Multi. Mod. Mat. Str., (2018) https://doi.org/10.1108/MMMS-12--2017-0151
- 14.Shah, R.A., Abbas, T., Idrees, M., Ullah, M.: MHD Carreau fluid slip flow over a porous stretching sheet with viscous dissipation and variable thermal conductivity. Bound. Value Prob. 94, (2017) https://doi.org/10.1186/s13661-017-0827-4
- 15.Shateyi, S.: A new numerical approach to MHD flow of a Maxwell fluid past a vertical stretching sheet in the presence of thermophoresis and chemical reaction. Bound. Value Prob. 196, (2013) https://doi.org/10.1186/1687-2770-2013-196