High-speed Visual Feedback Control for Grasping and Manipulation
Recently, several types of high-speed vision in which the sampling rate is more than 1 kHz have been developed. In the high-speed vision system, not only sensing but also processing is achieved at high-speed, and it improves the performance of visual servoing. In this chapter, we described some examples of visual feedback control methods in our high-speed manipulation system. First, a hybrid trajectory generator using visual information is proposed for a batting task. In the method, the manipulator trajectory defined as a polynomial function of time is modified by visual information directly. Next, a visual servoing control with a passive joint problem is proposed for tool manipulation. Experimental results are shown.
KeywordsJoint Angle Visual Servoing Swing Motion Passive Joint Proportional Derivative
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Furukawa, N., Namiki, A., Senoo, T., Ishikawa, M.: Dynamic regrasping using a high-speed multifingered hand and a high-speed vision system. In: Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 181–187 (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Ishihara, T., Namiki, A., Ishikawa, M., Shimojo, M.: Dynamic pen spinning using a high-speed multifingered hand with high-speed tactile sensor. In: IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 258–263 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Ishikawa, M., Kazuya Ogawa, T.K., Ishii, I.: A cmos vision chip with simd processing element array for 1ms image processing. In: Dig. Tech. Papers of IEEE Int. Solid-State Circuits Conf., pp. 206–207 (1999)Google Scholar
- 5.Mizusawa, S., Namiki, A., Ishikawa, M.: Tweezers type tool manipulation by a multifingered hand using a high-speed visual servoing. In: IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 2709–2714 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Nakabo, Y., Ishikawa, M., Toyoda, H., Mizuno, S.: 1ms column parallel vision system and its application of high speed target tracking. In: IEEE Int. Conf. Robotics and Automation, pp. 650–655 (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Namiki, A., Imai, Y., Ishikawa, M., Kaneko, M.: Development of a high-speed multifingered hand system and its application to catching. In: IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 2666–2671 (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Senoo, T., Namiki, A., Ishikawa, M.: High-speed batting using a multi-jointed manipulator. In: IEEE Int. Conf. Robotics and Automation, pp. 191–1196 (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Senoo, T., Namiki, A., Ishikawa, M.: Ball control in high-speed batting motion using hybrid trajectory generator. In: IEEE Int. Conf. Robotics and Automation, pp. 1762–1767 (2006)Google Scholar
- 11.Yamakawa, Y., Namiki, A., Ishikawa, M., Shimojo, M.: One-handed knotting of a flexible rope with a high-speed multifingered hand having tactile sensors. In: IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 703–708 (2007)Google Scholar