Mining Equipment Maintainability
- 1.9k Downloads
Over the years as the complexity of the mining equipment has increased, its maintainability has become a pressing issue. This chapter presents various important aspects of the mining equipment maintainability and it covers topics such as reliability test classifications, success testing, accelerated testing, confidence interval estimates for mining equipment mean time between failures, test methods to obtain maintainability related test data for mining equipment, test methods for demonstrating diverse maintainability parameters, and useful guidelines for avoiding pitfalls in maintainability testing of mining equipment.
KeywordsPreventive Maintenance Repair Time Maintenance Task Maintenance Time Mining Equipment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Leugner, T.: Developing a total productive maintenance (TPM) programme. Quarry Manage. pp. 21–23 (August 1996)Google Scholar
- 2.Conway, E.J., Unger, R.L.: Maintainability Design of Underground Mining Equipment, Report No. BuMines OFR 39-91-V1, US Bureau of Mines, Washington, DC (1988)Google Scholar
- 3.Unger, R.L., Conway, K.: Impact of maintainability design on injury rates and maintenance costs for underground mining equipment. In: Improving Safety at Small Underground Mines, compiled by R.H. Peters, Special Publication No. 18-94, US Bureau of Mines, Washington, DC (1994)Google Scholar
- 4.AMCP 706 – 133, Engineering Design Handbook: Maintainability Engineering Theory and Practice, prepared by the Army Material Command, Department of the Army, Washington, DC (1976)Google Scholar
- 5.AMCP 706 – 134, Maintainability Guide for Design, prepared by the Army Material Command, Department of the Army, Washington, DC (October 1972)Google Scholar
- 7.Dhillon, B.S.: Design Reliability: Fundamentals and Applications. CRC, Boca Raton, FL (1999)Google Scholar
- 8.Dhillon, B.S.: Engineering Maintainability: How to Design for Reliability and Easy Maintenance. Gulf, Houston, TX (1999)Google Scholar
- 9.Grant-Ireson, W., Coombs, C.F. (eds.): Handbook of Reliability Engineering and Management. McGraw-Hill, New York (1988)Google Scholar
- 10.Blanchard, B.S., Verma, D., Peterson, E.L.: Maintainability. Wiley, New York (1995)Google Scholar
- 11.Pecht, M. (ed.): Product Reliability, Maintainability, and Supportability Handbook. CRC, Boca Raton, FL (1995)Google Scholar