Using the VGAM Package
This chapter looks at the VGAM package in R from a user’s point of view. We look at its general usage and naming conventions, some recommendations, common trouble shooting and tricks, S4 versus S3 nuances, and some details are given on some selected methods functions, e.g., fitted(), summary(). Many of the topics will be revision for the seasoned R user. This chapter assumes prior familiarity with R. Note that the software details presented here are subject to change.
KeywordsModel Matrix Data Frame Family Function Proportional Odds Model Constraint Matrice
- Chambers, J. M. and T. J. Hastie (Eds.) 1991. Statistical Models in S. Pacific Grove: Wadsworth/Brooks Cole.Google Scholar
- de Vries, A. and J. Meys 2012. R for Dummies. Chichester: Wiley.Google Scholar
- Faraway, J. J. 2006. Extending the Linear Model with R: Generalized Linear, Mixed Effects and Nonparametric Regression Models. Boca Raton: Chapman and Hall/CRC.Google Scholar
- Fox, J. and S. Weisberg 2011. An R Companion to Applied Regression (Second ed.). Thousand Oaks: Sage Publications.Google Scholar
- Zuur, A. F., A. A. Saveliev, and E. N. Ieno 2012. Zero Inflated Models and Generalized Linear Mixed Models with R. Newburgh, UK: Highland Statistics Ltd.Google Scholar